PDA

View Full Version : Hello

soular
10-01-06, 08:48
Hi I've just registered and thought I'd introudce myself. I'm a 23 year old male living in Leicester, UK. I suffer from the whole range: anxiety, depression, OCD, hypochondria and all the usual phobias. I've given up differentiating between them all though, they seem to link in together :( My OCD isn't too bad but I do suffer from 2 of the more bizarre types: Dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking) and Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling/plucking). I've had all of these disorders as far back as I can remember.

I went for counselling a couple of years ago but since I left uni I stopped going. Lately my anxiety has been getting pretty bad again so I'm planning to see my doctor next week to discuss what the options are. I've always refused medication so far but now I'm starting to think I want to give it a go (even though the prospect does make me a bit nervous). I'd possibly try counselling again (despite the fact I found it a bit useless last time).

I also post on a couple of health anxiety boards over at Aimoo but these are more focused specifically on hypochondria/health anxiety alone. So I stumbled across this place and thought I'd sign up. It's nice to see a UK based anxiety forum, and it's great that it has separate forums covering the full range of anxiety-related disorders. Plus the option to change the skins is nice! Thanks for reading this far (assuming I haven't bored you all to death yet) and I'll talk to you all soon.

trac67
10-01-06, 08:52
Hi Soular,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

tracyp584
10-01-06, 09:01
Hey Soular,

Welcome to the site!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

chucklehound
10-01-06, 09:02
Hi Soular and welcome to NMP where you will lots of support and make some good friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

meatybuddy
10-01-06, 10:32
Hi Soular

wecome to nmp and the forums - you will get some very good advice and support along with making friends aswell.

all the best

darren

oh well the end is near

sillymoo
10-01-06, 11:51
hi there and welcome i hope this site helps you as much as it helps me!take care keep smilin:D
love mooxXx

Meg
10-01-06, 16:25
Hello Soular

Welcome to the site

If you go for counselling try to make it CBT style.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Tomimo
10-01-06, 18:33
Welcome :)

You are in good company here.

Annie x

nomorepanic
10-01-06, 19:19
Hi soular

A warm welcome aboard and glad you find this type of forum some help. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicola

seh1980
10-01-06, 19:45
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Karen
10-01-06, 20:16
Hi Soular

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
10-01-06, 21:41
Welcome Soular,

I do hope you can get some therapy under way as maybe this can solve the cause of it all.

There are some good people here to help you.

Take Care, mate

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

alexis
10-01-06, 23:40
Hi soular, welcome to the forum, lots of people will be along to help and advise, perhaps your sessions may be better this time if its a different person? Take care.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx