PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and periods

bronte
11-03-10, 18:38
hi as anyone noticed thier periods have altered eg longer, shorter,or irregular on sertraline thanks

suzy-sue
11-03-10, 19:02
It does sometimes happen hun ,.It ususally settles down after a while tho .If it becomes too much spk to your Dr ,he may be able to give you something to make it less bothersome ..Sue x

cwoz82
12-08-10, 16:16
Hi,

Realise this is an old post but wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?

I'm on 50mg sertraline and it's now my 5th week. My first period on these tablets was extremely light and barely there...and now i'm 4 days late with absolutely no sign of one coming? I'm not pregnant either!

My main concern is that i'm on the NHS waiting list for IUI/IVF treatment and am worried that if this interferes with my periods i'll have issues with the IUI. I've always been regular with my periods and generally pretty heavy. I fear that i may need to make a decision regarding whether to come off the meds in order to ensure there are no mistakes with my fertility treatment...not to mention that i'm not entirely certain that the sertraline is working. I know it's only been 5 weeks but i've always felt some sort of impact by now and if anything i feel worse (Anxiety and Depression).

Just wanted to see if other have had the same issues with no or next to no periods on sertraline?

LisaLisa
13-08-10, 12:52
Strange you mentioned this becuase i wonder too. I took sertraline 6 years ago for a spell and then and at that time i was on the depo injection. When i cam off the depo my periods were not heavy but i expected that they were lighter beucase i had been on the depo. They seemed to be pretty normal for ages.

Then three years ago I got super anxious over stuff and went on the sertraline again and in the first month...although i dont really connect it at the time......my period was so light it was hardly there. That freaked me out no end and i thought i was either dying or having a n early menopause so deceided right there and then ( righ or wrong) that i wanted a baby incase i coudlnt later. And within one two months mission accomplished!
So in answer to your worries about sertrline and periods it may alter the flow but it doesnt seem to bother the ovulation fertility bit

Hope that helps

Lisa
:hugs: