PDA

View Full Version : blanket over head,

bomberbeamish
12-03-10, 08:27
i havent been out of my safty zone for a year which is about a mile away from home,, i wanna go to my mums on sunday which is 9 miles away, and as memory can trigger a panic attack off for me, like where ive panic before, i thought of laying in back seat with blanket , and laptop or summit , so i cant see where we are,, cause i be ok when im there, anyone tried this,, this is like my other post ,,,, going out,,,,, but i thought this title would catch people attention.

bomberbeamish
15-03-10, 08:11
well i didnt do it,,, we went for a drive on sat,,2 mile round trip,the blanket made me feel sick, lol, it was ok but i didnt feel right. im feeling quiet down bout it,, im stuck in this bubble and no matter how hard i try i have not got the guts to put myself thought it,, i dont want the feelings of panic ect.
and i got every one really dissapointed with me again,, which makes me feel like crap, i hope some one is reading this, cause at this point of time , im thinking wots the point,,, i cant live like this. its not normal.
what ever though i will try and keep a diary on here, and see if it helps just to write(type) things down.

pinkpiglet
15-03-10, 09:34
It certainly will help to put things down in writing! it helps us put thing in perspective. I personally feel that to face our fears head on is the only way we will eventually overcome them. I used to pass out and feel panicky in the supermarket & I dreaded shopping, it was something that had to be done though and in time I was able to do this quite freely. I now go shopping on my own and quite enjoy it.
I think my fear originally stemmed from the fact that in my teens i was ill for a period of time and worked in a supermarket until i was diagnosed. I would feel very poorly and pass out. Once i got well again the bright lights of the supermarket seemed to trigger my anxieties again. Now i realise that I was making myself panic because of my fear.
On the other hand, I dont want to preach to you as I dont know how strong or powerful your fear is and you obviously worry so much about this key area.

I doubt your family are disappointed with you, probably more disapointed for you.
It can be very frustrating for people who dont understand anxiety but want to help loved ones overcome it. They think that their love and support is all we need, but whilst this helps we also need to find the strenght the overcome it ourselves.
One day you will find this strength and you will be able to face anything ahead of you.

x

bomberbeamish
15-03-10, 17:51
thank you so much for taking the time to respond,, i feel so desprate, i know what your saying is right,, but i just cant do it. im going to start baby steps again, and see how i go.

thanks pink xxx