PDA

View Full Version : Positive feedback

doc4978
12-03-10, 10:49
Hi- I thoght I'd post some positive feedback on Citalopram because its human nature to post bad stories as oppossed to good!..and people need to hear a little sucess from time to time!..

I have been on 20mg now for a little under 5 weeks...I developed- I'd say- mild to moderate depression plus high levels of anxiety (sometimes I felt like I was staring into a chasm of fear!)...my depresison hasn't been dreadful like suicidal thoughts or wanting to self harm but it got to the point where I was losing hope, struggling to get up in the morning and randomly crying...anyhow, as Ive witnessed firt hand what happens if you dont seek help (my cousing had a breakdown), I went to the docs before it spiralled out of control...and was given 20 mg daily...the side effects suck..feeling of jetlag, stomach cramps, anxiety, yawning fits that made me feel naseous...and (good side effect) periods of total euphoria...but they only lasted about 10 days and each day got better....anyhow, for the first time in I'd say 3 years, I feel normal, calm, at peace...to use the old cliche, a cloud has been lifted...my colleagues at work have noticed that I seem to be more energetic, positive and good fun...I hope this continues....

Good luck all

doc4978
12-03-10, 10:53
sorry...one more side effect that I still have..VIVID dreams...every night is like I'm in my own personal movie..some weird stuff but never unpleasant...

yvonne_uk_98
12-03-10, 16:37
Hi doc4978,

Glad you have a positive feedback on the cit, well done. keep up the good work. :)

Yvonne

JT69
12-03-10, 17:17
Hi Doc,

Nice to hear that you are doing well. Citalopram is a brilliant drug and glad it has good effects on you. May it continue.....JO.