PDA

View Full Version : please help

jiggy
12-03-10, 10:59
hello to all :)
ok ive not posted in awhile but my H.A is through the roof again :mad::weep:
iam currently 8 and half months pregnant with my 4th child and what my problem is away back in 2001 this spot appeard on my lower leg its like a cluster of blood vessels all cramped into together it comes and goes as i said it appeard away back then and now iam worried i have melanoma i have been worryin for ages now i always worry when this spot appears its always in the same place stays for a good few months and then it goes for however long any how i just wanted to ask would something have showed up by now if i had skin cancer?? ive never had any problems with it its never bleed or itchd i have though sufferd cramp in leg tht comes and goes aswell i just want some1 to reasuure me i dont want to go to doc as iam so scared hes goin o tell me i have skin cancer
please sum1 reply to me i would be ever so grateful
love jill and bump xxxx:bighug1:

Zee
12-03-10, 11:07
Hi jiggy

I have something similar on back of my right hand. Sometimes it goes quite dark and then fades after couple of days to a light blemish. Did you ever have an injury on your leg where the spot is ?. I know that I did on my hand so I put it down to that. Had it many years.

Rachel W
12-03-10, 11:07
Check out the link at:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_varicose-veins-during-pregnancy_271.bc

It also talks about smaller veins:

"You may have also noticed tiny blood vessels near the surface of the skin, especially on your ankles, legs, or face. These are called spider veins because they often appear in a spider- or sunburst-like pattern with little branches radiating out from the center (though sometimes they may look more like the branches of a tree or separate thin lines with no particular pattern). These don't cause discomfort, and they typically disappear after delivery."

They probably appear in the same area as they may be more prone to it, i.e. thinner walls or something.

It seems that this is quite normal especially as you are in the last stages of pregnancy. Good luck with the baby!!! Bless.

jiggy
12-03-10, 11:12
hi zee yea it does go dark then light i cant remember to be honest if i hurt my leg lol i mean am goin bck 9 years ago i most likely did funny u mentioned this bcos my hubby said something simular

Zee
12-03-10, 15:00
hi zee yea it does go dark then light i cant remember to be honest if i hurt my leg lol i mean am goin bck 9 years ago i most likely did funny u mentioned this bcos my hubby said something simular

:)Could be that jiggy.. Mine tends to go darker when I catch it on something and gets a bit itchy as well but it reverts back to pale.It was something to do with the little veins being injured around it..