PDA

View Full Version : My first post and my profile

Lucy14
12-03-10, 11:58
Hi everyone,I am 45 and I have had panic attacks for about 5 years. I take Cipralex and will try and have tried loads of things to help. I am a lot better than I was as I was housebound. It took about six awful months of different tests until the docs finally wised up to that it was panic attacks and by then depression. I work part time and cope fairly well, I need that company.I have a daughter. I am prone to attacks when I get run down or ill.
Would like to be in touch with similar.

Thanks

nomorepanic
12-03-10, 12:00
Hi Lucy14

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gypsywomen
12-03-10, 12:00
its difficult but you seem to be doing well .i fiwhen i am under pressure it gets bad ,,must be the way it is

Lucy14
12-03-10, 12:12
I just want them to stop altogether! I can go months but then get them and it feels just as bad as ever.

Earthworm
12-03-10, 12:36
Hi Lucy14, I only joined here a few weeks ago too and have already found it so helpful. Lots of friendly info & advice, I log on most days - it's great to have somewhere people understand - we're not alone !!

Lucy14
12-03-10, 20:58
Hi, thanks, looking forward to going onto the chatroom

Vanilla Sky
12-03-10, 21:16
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Maj
12-03-10, 21:26
Hi Lucy,
Welcome to nmp. You've done the right thing joining as you'll get lots of support here from like-minded people. Yes, I also agree that when you are out of sorts you are more prone to feeling anxious. And also when it comes back to hit you every now and again it feels as bad as ever! But they do say that after each setback we get stronger, so don't despair. I think it's a lot to do with knowing your limits and looking after your own needs at times. Sometimes we're too busy making everyone else's life easier and we forget about our own lifes. Hope you get a lot from this site, I'm sure you will.
Myra:hugs:

Veronica H
13-03-10, 10:56
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

Lucy14
14-03-10, 18:34
Thanks to you all xx