PDA

View Full Version : Still blood (Fissure)

adamant
12-03-10, 20:00
I went to the doctors about this in the first week of December.

He said he would refer me and Im still yet to get a letter or anything, nearly 3 months later. Is this normal?

I thought id at least get a letter saying that i have been referred. If I had a letter saying the appointment is not until 5 months time then fair enough but Ive had nothing.

Today there was quite a bit of blood too. Still bright red but its worrying me. Its intermittent but there's usually blood there at least two occasions per week.

KK77
12-03-10, 22:09
I wouldn't worry about the fissure being anything serious but it certainly needs treating and it's not acceptable that you've been kept waiting so long.

Give them a call and chase it up - it's not nice to be suffering like this - because they can be very lax at times.

Emira7
12-03-10, 22:17
Hey

Chase up your GP, you should have a letter and initial appointment within 16 weeks.

My daughters referral letter was sat with the receptionist!
Grrr
xxx

pussy cat
13-03-10, 00:51
yet another one let down by the system-i have learnt from past experience as soon as a doctor says that they are reffering you always ask who to & which hospital - wait 2 weeks & if you,ve not heard phone up the secretary of the consultant that you have been reffered to & ask if they have received the letter !! if not get back to your g.p. secretary immediatly & tell them - after being left waiting as you have i have done this each time as a refferal has been mentioned-i know we shouldn,t need to but unfortunatly the n h s is in such a mess & also employ a lot of admin staff that are lax - good luck