PDA

View Full Version : hello im new!!

princess86
12-03-10, 22:05
im 23 and have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for about 4 months now....and its been a long 4 months! got prescribed citalopram, took it for 3 days and never felt so awful so i stopped. managed to get through two weeks of hell on my own and slowly it got better...so i thought! went to the hair dressers last week and out of no where i had major melt down...so embarassing. is this what its going to be like for the rest of my life? fine one minute then back to square one? i hate feeling so low-and alone!:unsure:

diane07
12-03-10, 22:06
Hi princess86

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

KK77
12-03-10, 22:19
Hi Princess

I think you should go back to your GP and have a chat about the medication because if citalopram doesn't agree with you perhaps another med will and it does sound like your panic attacks need to be treated.

If you read other people's experiences, these meds usually do make you feel worse before you see benefits.

Welcome to NMP and hope you feel better soon.

Veronica H
13-03-10, 10:44
:welcome:to NMP. This is a friendly site with great support.

Veronicax

JT69
13-03-10, 16:55
Hi Princess

Citalopram can make you feel worse before you feel better as do most meds. The first 2 weeks are usually the worst then you gradually beging to improve as the meds get into your system. I think you need to go back to your GP and talk about the meds and maybe start off on 10mg before increasing up to 20mg. There is a site on here specificly about citalopram.....the experiences on their may help you. Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.