PDA

View Full Version : lower rib pain

DrTroy
12-03-10, 23:53
Hi ive had a lower rib stabbing pain for nearly 2 weeks on and off, its bugging me now, thinking liver, the usuals, no other symptoms though, recently had a set of lft's which where ok accept ggt being 93 but doc seemed okay.

what do you think? cheers

PanchoGoz
13-03-10, 14:07
I HAVE THAT TOO! My bottom ribs, mostly my left are twitching and really hurting as if they are digging in to my insides. I put it down to either growing ribs or wind pain and something digestive, as I have a history of tummy problems. However make sure its not broken, obviously.

misformonkey
13-03-10, 22:29
I have had pains below my right rib for the last year and have had countless LFT's and an ultrasound. Everything comes up ok so now i have HA or thats what my doc's say so i have to accept this. I was a big drinker for many years and this does weigh heavily on my mind but what is done is done and no amount of thinking about it will redeem the situation. The point is try not to worry to much as this is as counter productive as anything. Good luck.

andrea thompson
13-03-10, 22:40
hi hon

snap! for the past few days i have been getting some weird pains in my bottom ribs. sort of feel twisted and uncomfortable. it really bugs me. been worrying it could be something serious but really dont know what it is! i keep telling myself it is anxiety related or a digestive / wind problem. i cant believe you have posted this tonight.. its been on my mind all day!!!

take care

andrea x x

Emira7
14-03-10, 07:26
Hey there

I have had lower rib pain for ages, although its easing off now. My doctor told me it was muscular skeletal pain after doing some examinations on my back and front chest area.

I also suffer with IBS, and find if i eat the wrong thing I get that windy feeling arounbd my ribs.

Get it checked out for your piece of mind,

Much love

Emira
x

Jan63
14-03-10, 16:10
I've also got this at the moment and it's worrying me silly.:unsure: I was thinking it was my liver and now today its lung cancer.:blush: I hate health anxiety, it makes my life a misery.:weep: I had some blood tests last August, liver profile, FBC and ESS or something like that and it all came back normal. They just put it down to acid reflux with me.

DrTroy
14-03-10, 19:24
thanks for the replies, might go see GP as now my kidneys are hurting now

misformonkey
14-03-10, 20:49
I had exactly the same, my right hand upper stomach area (right rib) hurt and then my kidneys left and right mid way up and just down from my original liver/stomach pain. i would also get waves of dizziness at the same time as the kidney pain. My doctor now thinks i'm mad and if i was a donkey i would have been shot at dawn! They are sure i have HA but i'm not sure. If it is, it really is a crap disorder which has caused a lot of trouble for the past 18 months.

lorinabrown
15-03-10, 10:06
The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Rib pain. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

Broken rib
Rib cartilage injury
Osteoarthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis
Multiple myeloma
Osteoporosis
Chronic steroid use
Osteochondritis
Muscle aggravation/injury