PDA

View Full Version : Good news - citalopram, lithium and CBT

FreeSpriritedLiss
13-03-10, 11:40
Hi Everyone,

I posted here a while back saying I was going to see a psychiatrist about getting into lithium. My moods were yo-yo-ing from OK to absolutely psychotic. I was drinking too much, having angry outbursts and felt anxious all the time.

I first went to the psychiatrist about six weeks ago, who told me to halve my citalopram dose to 10mg. I was very angry at first because I was expecting to be put on lithium. However, I started to feel much better. I stopped drinking so much, and, although I still suffer from acute anxiety, my moods are much better. I saw the psychiatrist AGAIN on Thursday, and he said he'd noticed an improvement. He's referred me for CBT and put me back up to 20mg because I still suffer from poor concentration and I still don't enjoy things I normally love because of my depression. However, I'm so pleased with the result. I finally feel that, after nearly three years of being on citalopram, things are finally on the up. I've also been advised to do moodgym.com whilst I wait for a CBT appointment.

Thank you for reading this. After 3 years of darkness, I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel :)

Alicia

xx:bighug1:

KK77
13-03-10, 15:52
It's always good to hear people recovering and getting better. I've been on my antidepressant now for nearly 6 months and it's taken a LONG time to help, so patience does pay off in the end.

It's also good that you're starting CBT.

Good luck and all the best for your continued recovery.

FreeSpriritedLiss
13-03-10, 22:47
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I know it's a long road ahead of me, but I'm just so glad something is FINALLY being done after years of being pulled from pillar to post by the NHS!!!