PDA

View Full Version : sudden zap of heat on skin?

Historienne
13-03-10, 11:44
Hi

Not written on this for ages but I just wondered if anyone else ever gets like a sudden zap of heat in a tiny patch on say the back of their arm or on their foot that only last say a couple of seconds.... I've had it on and off for ages but it's quite a weird sensation.... It's not a hot flush or anything like that its almost as though the tiny nerve ending is ''sparked'' in a few seconds and then stops. weird.

Also, does anyone get sore to touch areas of muscle on their legs when having had an anxious day? I find a warm bath and a good nights rest normally solves this but sometimes they are sooooo sore when I feel it.... my shins and thighs particularly...

Thanks

Rachel W
13-03-10, 13:41
I get all of the things that you have just described. Especially my thighs in terms of the sensitivity to touch. Mostly when I have been on my feet all day, but I have been sitting a lot lately due to being on the computer and I have had it also.

carli
13-03-10, 13:42
Hiya, yes i have this quite a lot fo the time. Can be quite alarming but i have had it for about 5 months now and have no idea what it is. Sorry i could not be more helpful. xx

Historienne
13-03-10, 21:50
Thanks. I'm glad i'm not alone. I'm guessing its something to do with my nerves being over sensitive?

Rachel W
14-03-10, 00:03
I think the mind has a lot to do with it. My back and torso seem extra sensitive to heat at the moment. My skin is not sensitive to touch and it does not feel like sunburn, but if I lean against a surface where heat can trap (eg my pillow or leather seat) or my head is down so warm air is circulating between my chin and my chest, it feels really warm like a heat pad. I am hoping that it is just a combination of stress and also the fact that I have been in a the house A LOT (like perhaps a few hours a week outside - as I have been back at college and spent most of my time studying while spending time staying with my parents (I am 39 and usually live in the US but wanted to spend time with my parents and thought that it would be good to study while I am in the UK - my boyfriend is being very patient with me gone). My parents keep the central heating on quite high (20-25 C - 70-78 F) and as I have OCD I also take a 30 minute shower every day.

The problem is I read that it could also be a neuropathy and since then an occasional twinge in a foot or hand (I sit on my legs all day on a computer), has now turned to some feeling of pins and needles and sharp pains in my feet and hands since reading this and I am all of a dither. This is when I have also had increased areas of sudden heat as you describe. I just hope that it is all anxiety and not neuropathies.

I would like to ask though. Doesn't neuropathy in hands and feet also come with weakness? Sorry, I am adding my own questions.

Historienne
14-03-10, 08:15
Its ok. Ive read about neuropathy too but I think it does yes. But not sure! I think there are different types of neuropathy depending on which nerve path is affected? I think there would be extreme sensitivity to things touching the skin though.. Like clothing and cold breezes. I'm no expert though!

Rachel W
14-03-10, 11:16
I don't have any sensitivity to touch or weakness so hopefully it is just a combination of dry heat and stress.

shanlynn1012
14-03-10, 20:35
You guys are freaking me out, I have this sunbrun sensation for like 3 weeks now, it is all over my legs and back and torso and it moves. But It is sensative to my clothing and wind so now I am freaked Ihave nueropathy. I did rush to my nuero when this started and he said it was very unlikely I had nueropathy due to my age, and if I did have it is was due to soemthong like diabetes or thyroid (all my blood work came back fine) so he said it was unlikely. But with my HA and reading this I am freaking out. What do u guys think?

Rachel W
15-03-10, 00:04
I know that I have read posts on other websites that said that their doctors put such sunburn feelings to anxiety. I know that I am panicking myself, but many people on here have felt such things and their doctors said the same thing. As we are all anxious on here and anxiety causes havoc with the nerves then there is a good chance that all the chemicals buzzing around could cause this.

It is really hard not to worry, but if your doctor was at all concerned he would have said so. I also wonder if it could be due to unhealthy inside air in the winter?

MissJennayee
15-03-10, 01:43
I had this not too long ago and it freaked me out so bad when it happened the first time! I was sitting in my boyfriend's car and all of a sudden I felt burning on my legs. It would burn for a sec, stop, then move to a different spot. I panicked and tried to explain to him what was happening but of course, he told me I was imagining it. Haha - that's his explanation for everything, mind you. It kept happening, but eventually after about a month it stopped when my anxiety calmed down. I still get it on the left side of my face though! It's nothing to worry about. It goes away as soon as you can accept it's just stress and nothing more :yesyes: