PDA

View Full Version : hi

angie79
13-03-10, 12:49
hi just found this website and it already proving to be a great help looking 4ward 2 chatting 2 you all , i feel like i'm going crazy at the moment and its a huge relief to read about others going through the same thing. I suffer from bad anxiety and nerves and I think i may have a bit of vertigo but i'm not sure yet. I seem to have had it most of my life but seems to be as bad now as it ever was. I wake up with headaches most of the time, never refreshed. i cannot get myself to the doctors as I'm scared. I have anxiety attacks just thinking about it. Hopefully someone can help me!

Thankyou

diane07
13-03-10, 12:50
Hi angie79

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
13-03-10, 13:00
Hello Angie,

Welcome to nmp. Please don't be scared to see your doctor. They'll have heard it all before and can really help you through this. Also, you've done the right thing joining nmp as there's lot of people here who are feeling or have felt exactly like you do now. You are not alone with these feelings. Anxiety symptoms are frightening and horrible, but you can learn to accept them and keep them in the background, so don't despair. No matter how long you've suffered you can still turn a corner. You'll get lots of support from people here.
Myra:hugs:

angie79
13-03-10, 13:29
thankyou for the replies, I feel on edge, not feeling real, not knowing what to do with myself, bouts of dizziness, frightened to leave the house, lump in thought, fear of choking, not sleeping, being far to aware of my breathing, and scared if i cant feel myself breathing. I shallow breath, not tightening. I don't even feel comfortable in my own house sometimes. If I do go out then somebody has to be with me like my children. I feel it worse when i am in busy places, like really on edge and its almost painful dealing with all the noise. I also have OCD and am constantly on edge if the house isn't clean. My temper also flares out of control if my house isn't spotless. I have no social life either as the thought of going out whether its to the pub, ciema, restaurant, or sometimes even a friends house, it fills me with dread. I can even feel that if I know a friend is coming to my house.

All I want to know right now is... do you recognise all this. Are they all symptoms of anxiety disorder? It would be a slight relief to know that they are because I worry a lot and think I'm not normal or that there is something seriously wrong.

xxxx

angie79
13-03-10, 15:59
does any 1 get these symptoms ??? i really need 2 know xxxx

wannafeelwell
13-03-10, 16:15
Hi,

I do it sounds like you have just written about me. Your not alone x

angie79
13-03-10, 16:31
thank you wannafeelwell your name is how i feel ,hope we can help each other out xx

angie79
14-03-10, 12:09
i have to go 4 a meal today ...im dreading it :( xxx

JT69
14-03-10, 15:45
Hi Angie

Yes all your symptoms are typical of anxiety. Different people suffer different levels of it. Have you spoken to your GP about this? There is so much help out there both in the form of medication and therapy etc, your Gp would advice if you explained how you are feeling. One thing is for sure that you can be helped and this site is also a supportive site where people feel exactly as you do and you take comfort from this.

We all want to lead a "normal life" and this is your first step to obtaining that.

Keep posting and you will find help and encouragement from the people on here...I only joined a few weeks ago and I can honestly say that I dont think I would be where I am now if it hadn't been that I accidentally came accross this site.

Gool luck to you. JO.

angie79
15-03-10, 08:47
hiya jo thank you for writing back !! see the thing is that i cant get myself to the docters i feel like im going 2 panic ,or im scared that the docter will think im crazy !! i have suffered with this all my life jo and i get good days and really bad days were i cant even go out the house !! i reacently lost my nephew who was 17 month old ,on my little girls birthday :( 3 months ago ! i dont no but i think it as got worse since then , dos upset and stress make your anxity worse ???? xxxx

mary1
15-03-10, 21:59
hi angie..m sorry about your nephew :( anxiety does get worse with stress and no sleep and low mood..coz its all hormones hon if anything is down then it affects the other ones directly!! you are not alone in this hon..xxx

angie79
16-03-10, 08:48
thank you mary xx when you write back to me it makes me feel so much better !:) my other friends dosnt really understand whats going of with me ,so its nice to have a friend who has the same problem xxi bought some vits called wellwomen ,im just wondering if they will help ? and what if you eat more heathy ? well i went to sleep at 3am im so tired mary ,night b4 that i went at 4.30am :( xxx i would like to know more about you hun ,do you work ? etc xxx

JT69
16-03-10, 10:34
hiya jo thank you for writing back !! see the thing is that i cant get myself to the docters i feel like im going 2 panic ,or im scared that the docter will think im crazy !! i have suffered with this all my life jo and i get good days and really bad days were i cant even go out the house !! i reacently lost my nephew who was 17 month old ,on my little girls birthday :( 3 months ago ! i dont no but i think it as got worse since then , dos upset and stress make your anxity worse ???? xxxx

Hi Hun,

Please dont think the doctor will think you are crazy, you are not crazy and believe me he sees it in people all the time. Could someone go with you?

Sorry to hear about your nephew, and on your daughters birthday, how awful.

Yes upset and stress can make your anxiety worse, so that is probably why you are having such a bad time at the moment.

I totally understand when you say you have good and bad days where you feel you cant leave the house, when my anxiety is causing havoc I always feel I cant leave the house either and sometimes even when I have had an appointment with my GP I have been scared that I would panic in the surgery etc, but have found I am actually fine when I get there. I tend to find that when I am like it as the day progresses it gets better.

I hope this helps.
Let me know how you get on.
Take care.
Jo.xx