PDA

View Full Version : long story sorry -need help

haze
13-03-10, 13:32
Sorry for the long rant...i have not left my street for 3 years due to panic attacks but i need to get better NOW
My hubby became ill about 6 weeks ago at first they diagnosed an inner ear infection, got worse so doctor admitted him to hospital and they found a brain tumor, he had surgery for that on the 1st march and felt much better ...it was hell not seeing him for 10 days while in hospital.
Yesterday he was told the recent scans have found a tumor in his lung so i need to get better so i can attend hospital appointments with him and also do things together like go out, day trips ect just incase i don't have long left with him.
I'm on citalopram but my docs are rubbish and dont seem to want to help. Is there anything i can do myself to get out and about again?

gypsywomen
13-03-10, 14:22
so,sorry to hear of your husbands illness ,,it is maybe making you more anxious,,, its a shame you cant go off your street ,,have you the same docter as your husband .if so surly they will understand now you need more help propanadol are very good for anxiety ,you could see if he can give you some to get b and dymazipem ,, you need something to get you through this ,, i am sure deep down you have the courage to do it ,,maggie xxx

jacqui03
13-03-10, 18:40
Hi Haze

So sorry to hear about your situation. I was like that a few years ago where I couldnt go anywhere. I can now go place if someone goes with me. The way i go out of it was one step at a time...start by just going a little bit down the road and go a bit further then a bit further....feel the fear and do it anyway! eventually you will build up confidence in your ability to cope with your panic attacks. You could start to head in the direction of the hospital and make it your goal to get there one bit at a time. Dont worry if you have a bad day or seem to go backwards at times just keep doing it and you will slowly overcome it.
Good luck

JT69
13-03-10, 19:33
Hi Haze,

Sorry to hear about your husbands illness, it will be all adding to your anxious feelings. Go and speak to a different GP, you need help and support to get through this. There are meds for anxiety which can help.

I agree with Jacqui, try and do a few steps each day...you can do it...think of your husband and how he needs you and this will help spur you on.

I remember feeling in a similar situation when I was younger...I couldn't go through the busy high st shopping, I used to panic and run. Gradually I made myself walk further and further through the High St until I was able to go all the way to the end.

You can do it and you will, but try and get some help with medication from your GP.

I wish you well. Take care. Jo.

Redrainbow
13-03-10, 20:22
Hello Haze,
Oh hun, sorry to hear about what your going through, and your husband too. Yes some Dr's can be rubbish, i think if you have got a bad one you have got to push them to help you more. I'm lucky i have a great Dr the man is a saint.
Haze, could your Dr's give you some more medication to help you along? Hope things get better for you Haze!!!! Really i do,
Regards Wayne,

bottleblond
13-03-10, 20:45
Haze

So sorry you and your husband are going through such a difficult time.
Is there someone else that you feel safe with that could possibly drive you to and from these appointments? I am agrophobic too hun so i can understand how difficult it is for you to get out and about.

I also agree with the others regarding your GP. Ask your surgery to make you an appointment with a different doctor because you deserve help and support too.

I wish your husband a very speedy recovery and best of luck with the appointments..i'm sure you will be just fine.

All the best

Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

haze
13-03-10, 23:35
Hi guys thanks for responding, i don't have any friends only the ones online that live miles away and the only people that could help are my kids i kow they are 16 and 21 but i don't want to burden them
I'm so scared and alone but i need to be strong for my husband
God i hate this agoraphobia so much:mad: