PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie

Bellabel
13-03-10, 14:52
Hi all

I suffer from GAD and health anxiety......I've had this for four years now and have tried to deal with this all on my own until recently. I currently see a pshycologist for my disorder after knocking back AD's due to a bad reaction to them a few years back.

I've been living a life of hell over the last few years and am very greatful to find a site that seems to be very helpful and understanding.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers
xoxo

diane07
13-03-10, 14:54
Hi Bellabel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maj
13-03-10, 15:09
Hello Bellabel,
Welcome to nmp. You've done the right thing joining and you'll get lots of support from people who know exactly what you are going through.
If you are really struggling and can't get out of the black hole then maybe meds would help? I don't take them myself, but did once a few years ago and they helped tremendously. I was fortunate that I didn't have side effects that were unpleasant. Maybe you just haven't tried the right one? I think it is great if you can manage without meds, but sometimes we need a wee crutch to help us get stronger until we can recover on our own again. It's a shame you had a bad experience the last time. You'll get a lot of help and reassurance here and this in itself might help you feel better. Take care.
Myra:hugs:

Bellabel
13-03-10, 15:30
Thanks for the welcome, I'm doing my best to deal with this through therapy rather than medication. The last time I took AD's they gave me massive suicidal tendancies.....I've discussed this with my current doctor and therapist, they are both willing to give me a chance based on therapy alone and have said that if they feel i am going backwards then they will resugguest AD's. I'm happy with that, as I will try all other alternatives first.

I respect their opinion though, so I will see how I go.

I'm happy though to see that I am not the only person in the world going through this living hell.... Many peoples stories on here just reaffirm what i feel on a day to day basis and it makes me understand that I'm not going insane.

My whole hearted thanks go out to you all for sharing your stories.

xoxo

Bellabel
13-03-10, 15:31
Thanks Myra, your words are certainly encouraging :)

xoxo

Patty
14-03-10, 13:05
Hi Bellabel

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :hugs:

Bellabel
18-03-10, 16:11
Thanks for the welcome Patty.

I hope to encourage and help others as much as others from here have helped me in this short time.

We are all troopers, we all know how hard this is and we can all work through this as long as we have each other. Whilst it's important to discuss our issues with our family and close friends, I feel it's also important to share our experiences with others who know first hand what we are going through. This forum is a life saver and I'm so glad I found it.

Look forward to hearing everyone's stories and educate myself better on this disorder.

xoxo