PDA

View Full Version : tooth op yesterday thank goodness its over

worry_bunny
14-03-10, 15:11
Was so so nervous in the morning had a little cry and almost begged hubby to ring and cancel but I pushed through and arrived at the hospital at 8am. They took me straight through to the ward where three other ladies were also waiting. Everyone was just so lovely and we were all so nervous but chatted away while we waited.

I did have a few periods of feeling anxious but just lay on the bed until they passed. Was supposed to be home for 12.30 but didnt even go down until 2.30. :ohmy: As soon as they called my name my heart started pounding and I felt dizzy but a lovely nurse held my hand and took me down and told the anaesthetists how nervous I was and they were really nice.

I told them I was scared that because my heart was racing that it would effect the op but they said that I would be carefully monitored the whole time and they would not leave my side until it was all done. Next thing I knew I was waking up with a numb mouth :)

The biggest drama that happend was that my hubby passed out outside when he came to pick me up :ohmy: He hadnt been well and the room was very warm but hes fine now just a bruised ego and bum :D

I have had 4 teeth out and the surgeon said that he had had terrible trouble getting them out as there was just the roots left and they were crumbling and underneath them it was all infected so he had to put stitches in which feel very strange but Im not in too much pain just a bit uncomfortable.

My advice to anyone that is worried about having an op soon is that if I can do it than anyone can because Im the biggest baby in the world and was a complete gibbering wreck. I would also like to say thanks to everyone who calmed me down on here the last few days :hugs:

Maj
14-03-10, 17:00
I'm so glad you've had your op. Well done!! You can relax now. Hope your husband is okay too!!
Myra:hugs:

Typer
14-03-10, 17:16
Well done.

I had same thing but had to be awake - the stitches may be sore for a few days, but now, all you can do is get better. Take care

Anxious_gal
14-03-10, 17:39
well done! I've to have a simler op that I've been putting off for years!!

pussy cat
14-03-10, 19:28
i am so glad your sorted & you must feel so proud of yourself for having done it-i have been putting of going to the dentist for many many years as i know that it will be a hospital job as the teeth have gone but roots remain & im terrified - anyway good luck in your recovery :flowers:

mummy4
14-03-10, 20:07
well done you, you should be very proud of yourself xx

im due to have 3 teeth out within the next few months and im petrified. thanks for sharing your story xx

worry_bunny
14-03-10, 22:04
Thanks all for your replies. To any of you that are worried or anxious about getting a similar thing done honestly I am the biggest baby and never thought that I could do it I just had to think to myself right this is a new challenge bring it on lol.

I feel like such a fool worrying about it so much and between you and me I actually considered leaving a letter at home for my hubby in case I didnt come back :blush:

Just know that if you do decide to get it done that you have the support of everybody on this board :hugs:

My next challenge is a smear test :scared15: Im ashamed to say that at the age of 29 I have never had one so I am booking in for one at the end of this month.

Vanilla Sky
14-03-10, 23:17
Well done to you ! The smear test will be over in a few minutes, dont waste time worrying about it . I'd rather have that than my teeth out :)