PDA

View Full Version : Presentation tomorrow! Ahh!

-Emily
14-03-10, 15:32
Hi guys,
Ive got a presentation tomorrow and im feeling anxious about it already:weep: im really scared im gonna faint, be sick or have a panic attack...
Ive got a real bad cold as well right now that doesnt help.
Im also on citalopram, i have one tablet of Diazapam left which i will probably take.. maybe.
Any pointers that could help?:weep:
Thank yoou!!
xx

lizzie29
14-03-10, 19:15
Hey!

Firstly, go to bed at a good time, maybe have a bath before and hopefully get a good night's sleep, which should help. Make sure you have plenty of time in the morning to get ready, and that you're not rushing as that'll probably make you more anxious. And eat breakfast, and lunch if it's in the afternoon.
One tip I was told is to wear a hair bobble or elastic band around your wrist. If you feel yourself feeling anxious, you're supposed to snap it against your wrist and that is meant to help keep you in reality. Also, it'll give you something to fiddle with, which I always need when I'm nervous!
How long is the presentation? Can you find a midpoint that you can aim for, and then when you reach that you know you're halfway there, and if you can do the first half, then there's no reason why you can't do the other!
Hope that helps!
x

-Emily
14-03-10, 22:02
Heyllo thanx for your reply :). Im going to go to bed soon and hopefully will be able to sleep if i dont get anxious!.
I was actaully thinking of doing the elastic band/hair bobble thing! So i will definatly be doing that!
The presentation is for 20/25mins approx. which seems like a lifetime! i will have a look through to see when the mid point is, thank you for your help! xx

claire_2910
14-03-10, 22:09
Hey Emily, I have a presentation in a couple of weeks which im going to be dreading. Wish you lots of luck and i'm sure you will be fine once you get going. Think positive xXXx

Deepest Blue
15-03-10, 01:26
Hi Emily.. I hope it goes well for you, it's also something that I deeply dread, I've had to do a couple recently and I struggled with them a bit. I've potentially got another one soon too. All I did was reherse it but I still struggled... Good luck ok.. x

Annabelle
15-03-10, 21:14
hi emily

how did your presentation go today? Hope it went well!

anna x