PDA

View Full Version : New member and really scared

exup1k
14-03-10, 17:36
Hi All,
I'm new to the forums and would really appreciate it if someone could help/reassure me.
For about a month I've been getting a sharp pain on the right top of my head. It seems to be caused when I turn my head sometimes or lift things particularly if I use my right arm. The pain only lasts 1-2 seconds and doesn't happen when I cough, sneeze or bend down. I also keep getting a tight burning feeling on the top of my left hand and sometimes get a pressure feeling on the bridge of my nose and top of head and sometimes feel like there is a cold wet spot where I feel the pain. I also have twitching all over but I've had this since 2008 so am not sure if it's related.
I am so scared it is something serious such as a tumour...it's all I can think about which is not good as I am trying to care for my 2mth old baby. Can anyone help me please or reassure me things might be ok?
Thank you in advance

Typer
14-03-10, 17:46
Hi and Welcome.

Have you been to your doctor yet? Always best to get things checked.

If it comes and goes, then I doubt it could be a tumour. The pain from that does not go.

It does sound like...though I am not a medical person...but it sounds like nerve pain especially when you describe the cold spot and this is then relating something else like a muscle pull in the neck, or shoulder or something similar. I guess I am saying t could be deferred pain.

This may sound silly, but I know someone who gets bad pain in his head and finger and its caused by wind and somehow goes along the nerve pathways. He belches and it goes.

Always best to see a doc just to put your mind at ease

gypsywomen
14-03-10, 17:51
would have yourself checked out ,, likeTyper it sound ike a nerv pain ,,i amsure the docter will pt your mind at ease x

exup1k
14-03-10, 17:53
Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply. I did go to the docs and he looked in my eyes and did a few neuro tests which showed nothing. He didn't seem to know what it could be. I was hoping it could be something like an irratated nerve as I always put my 2 mth old daughter over my right shoulder and lean my head a lot. I'm just really worried the doc missed something.

Typer
14-03-10, 17:56
That could be your answer...leaning your head to one side could be it. It really does sound like deferred pain from your neck. If it is, this could take some while to heal, even if you refrain from doing what causes it. No harm in changing position holding your daughter, just to see if it gets better over time