PDA

View Full Version : When is it?????

Redrainbow
14-03-10, 20:00
Well,,,if there is one thing i'm learning from this illness it's,, that if you have 2,3 or 4 good days then you get some bad days,,,well i suppose i'm a bit scared now because i know i'm due some bad days again very soon,,,overdue even, and that scares me a little, even though i'm learning to manage it now.
The only reason it scares me is because of how it overtakes your thinking and drags you down,,,thats the bit i hate, the isolation of it all!
I suppose really you learn to get used to it, don't you? Oh well like they say you must take the good with the bad!!!

JT69
14-03-10, 20:46
Hi Wayne,

Try not to get anxious about the bad days...you might not have any in the end. I totally understand what you mean though it does over-take your thoughts. Eventually the good days over-take the bad days and they should then be a distant memory...hopefully. Regards. Jo.

smudger
14-03-10, 20:51
I lay in wait for the bad days because I have been where I am now so many times before! But I am trying not to feel so guilty about them in future n try n fight them full on if and when they come back!

Redrainbow
14-03-10, 20:52
Hi Jo,,,hope so,,,lol

JT69
14-03-10, 21:04
I hope so too for you, I really do....not fair is it??? Its like you are just waiting!!

Take care
Jo.

Jannie2948
14-03-10, 21:07
Its the waiting that's horrible. I so love the good days, I too try not to think about the bad days but when they come just face them and get through them as best you can. People have told me that there does come a time when you don't ever think about the bad days any more. Yippee!!

Jannie x x

Redrainbow
14-03-10, 21:08
Yeah strange!!! Like you know it's coming, think i sort of know inside, maybe it's thinking like this brings them on!!
It's not so bad,,,i can handle it a bit better now,,,or should i say my meds can!!!! lol. I try and keep smiling and making jokes!!!

bottleblond
14-03-10, 21:45
Hi Wayne

I can completely understand where you are coming from with this

BUT....

Try to switch your line of thinking huni. Maybe by expecting these bad days, your are starting the process of depression because you are kind of preparing yourself for going on a downer.

Think to yourself 'WOW' i am feeling really good again and long may it continue. Then when you do feel low and see no clear way forward, you can think...'i felt really good there for a while and i am sure i will again soon because my depression didn't last too long at all'.

Don't wait for the hard times hun just enjoy the good ones!!

:hugs:

Lisa
xxx

Redrainbow
14-03-10, 22:05
I know what your saying Lisa,,,wished it worked like that!!!! I try to think that but does not work!!!

bottleblond
14-03-10, 22:26
I know hun! It's so hard at times.
We are all behind ya so keep your chin up. :hugs:

Lisa
xxx

andrea thompson
14-03-10, 22:33
hiya hon

i have suffered with depression and anxiety pretty bad in the past.. everyday was a bad day. then i started with meds and counselling. the dr explained to me i would get good and bad days. eventually the good were more than the bad and eventually most days were good. i think the endless bad days are the worst when you see no light or relief from your feelings.. but with a good day to look forward to i can get through the odd bad day!!! i did like i said recover almost fully - i got to a stage were i would / could do anything i wanted. it didnt hold me back at all.. so we can get through this. think of the good days as an opportunity to re charge your batteries and then if a bad day pops up you are better equipped to deal with it - so they wont be as bad. - hopefully.

i hope this helps...

take care

andrea x x