PDA

View Full Version : Head twitch/jerk/bob??

jojo1976
15-03-10, 06:33
Ok, so I last posted a few days ago about my legs and arms jumping. That got progressively better and while it did move into jerking while falling asleep more than during the day, I'm happy that has subsided considerably. Not quite gone yet, but better!

But what's bugging me now is the still-going head twitch/bob/jerk. Not really sure how to describe it but it's very slight and mostly when I'm either on the computer, watching TV, or driving. Just a slight nod to the left throughout the day... I try to keep my head still but then it feels uncomfortable like it's pulling... anyway, you think this is just another anxiety twitch/muscle issue or should I be worried. We're working on 2wks now. I am 33, female, and 5wks pregnant. Thx!

Cazziebloom
15-03-10, 06:44
Hi JoJo, I've now had the head jerk / twitch, since May last year. Have no idea what causes it have heard can be anxiety. Not sure if it's anything to with meds, I've been on antidepressants since May last year. I'm trying not to worry about it, don't panic and don't go and google it. I'm sure it will be fine, you probably just a bit anxious with the whole pregancy thing and all preggie mommies worry about things, so try to relax for your baby and your sake...:-)

jojo1976
15-03-10, 17:59
Hi thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure it's anxiety and the tense muscles in my shoulders and neck. I believe I have read that other's have experienced this as well. To be honest, I have felt this with anxiety in the past although I thought it was due to my withdrawal off Lexapro back then. Guess not! Anyone else have a head twitch?

Zee
15-03-10, 21:43
Hi jojo

Ten years ago I noticed a very slight shaking to the right of my head and I ignored it for a while because I had been through an anxious time. It seemed to get more obvious so I reluctantly saw the doc who got me some physiotherapy to help release the tension in my neck/shoulders and also confirmed that anxiety was the cause.. It went on for several months and then disappeared.

jojo1976
16-03-10, 03:40
Hi Zee. Thank you for the reply. It is helpful and reassuring to know this is also an anxiety issue. I will do my best to ignore the buggar until it decides to chill out. Maybe my husband might be kind enough to give me a shoulder massage tonight to see if that loosens things up a bit. So what did the physiotherapist say, that it was tense muscles or ..?

Zee
16-03-10, 12:47
Hi Zee. Thank you for the reply. It is helpful and reassuring to know this is also an anxiety issue. I will do my best to ignore the buggar until it decides to chill out. Maybe my husband might be kind enough to give me a shoulder massage tonight to see if that loosens things up a bit. So what did the physiotherapist say, that it was tense muscles or ..?

Yes jojo. She explained to me all about muscle tension in the back and neck and how it affects the nerves and little blood vessels. Releasing the tension eventually stopped it thankfully.
Even now when I get the tension in my shoulders/neck I rmember the exercises she taught me and it does help.