PDA

View Full Version : Spaced out/Cognitive Dysfuntion/Twitchy/Weird!!!

NeverRelaxed
15-03-10, 09:56
Still got the bloddy brain fog and now on top of tht I feel spaced out...touch of derealization perhaps..cant put my finger on exactly how I feel...Just strange. Can't absorb things properly...Worse when im trying to read something. Im quite scared and looking for some reassuarance and to see if anyone has been through similar?

screddie
15-03-10, 14:02
Hi NeverRelaxed - i've been through very similar myself. I think most with HA will have experienced this at some point. It is horrible, like you can't get your brain in gear - and yes, reading absolutely made it worse for me. This is one of the more unpleasant HA symptoms is find. I always got it with the head pressure feeling, also horrible!

It's not fun at all, and i wish there was something i could say i did to alleviate it. Unfortunately, i've never found anything really helps with any of these things. All i can say is don't worry what you are experiencing is very common, despite how serious and horrible it feels - i think it is to do with your brain being a bit overwhelmed but the flood of adrenaline HA causes - but alas, i'm not a doctor. Take it easy, eat and drink well, and don't whatever you do google anything. It is HA.

Grit you teeth and it will pass. Take care.

NeverRelaxed
15-03-10, 15:21
thank you for your great reply!

im hoping it will go away soon...three weeks and counting...

jojo1976
15-03-10, 17:44
Yep- this sounds like the classic bare-bones symptoms of anxiety. I can get all kinds of funky stuff going on due to anxiety, but that brain fog out of it sensation is what I consider "home base"... it will pass when your anxiety improves.

screddie
15-03-10, 18:17
No problem, NeverRelaxed - you sound to be so similar to how i have been thinking. I recognise it instantly. I can tell by the fact you say 'three weeks and counting' that you are concerned by the duration it's been so far. I wouldn't mind betting you are telling yourself that if it was anxiety it wouldn't last that long; it must be more serious than just anxiety to last this long etc.

Whilst it is horrible you've had it three weeks, it really is unpleasant i know, don't worry about that! Constantly thinking about it, noticing it and testing it (metaphorically not literally) just keeps fueling your subconscious anxiety. And as such it just keeps going...which of course i hope it doesn't for much longer! The key is not to worry about that element of - whilst unpleasant that really doesn't indicate anything at all - except of course that you are member of the wonderful HA club.....