PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel - light at the end of..........

mojo5
11-01-06, 00:42
Hi to All

Members old and new.

Here's a little history for you......

I first came to this site over 12 months ago suffering with terrible anxiety leading to seiously debilitating panic attacks.
I was simply unable to conduct any day to day social interactions for fear of having a stress induced heart attack. ( Ohhh I had ALLLLL the symptoms !!)
This naturally progressed to a heightened state of health anxiety to the point that I convinced myself that I had a terminal heart condition that the GP hadn't spotted !
Sport ( I love football & Snooker ) were simply an ordeal to get through - so sure was I that I would collapse and expire at any point.

Well - That was over 12 months ago and slowly but surely recovery has and still is taking place.

1st thing I did was remove stimulants from my diet - coke, tea, coffee, dark choc etc.
2nd. drank more water
3rd. took better care of myself ( eating more regularly/ Sleeping )
4th. Put my name down to see a cbt therapist
5th. Did everything he told me - some of it was agony & terrified me- but facing the fear is THE only way.
6th. Set myself goals - small ones at first and then built them up as my confidence grew.

When you are at the Lowest point you really can't see any way out of this horrible place - but believe me - that's what I thought - BUT THERE IS HOPE - YOU MUST WORK HARD WITH YOUR FEARS & BE DETERMINED - AND YOU WILL GET THERE.

I'm now back playing sport again, joined the local Gym and finished runner up in the Club snooker championship - A feat that would have been simply beyond me a year ago - Nerves would have got the better of me and I'd have been consumed by panic.

Whatever your anxiety is now - please please please believe that if you are prepared to do the uncomfortable stuff then sooner or later you will overcome your fears.

I wish you you all well in overcoming what I know can be truly exhausting pre-occupation.

If I can help any of you please pm me or mail me @ heymojo5@yahoo.co.uk

Finally a BIG BIG Thanks goes to all members on this site, Particularly MEG, Jill, Sarah who gave me truly outstanding support when I needed it.

Take good care of yourselves.

Mojo :D

Jenny
11-01-06, 09:47
What a wonderful inspirational story. If that doesn't kick start us into a better New Year nothing will. I have also decided enough is enough and started to think more positive about myself. Iwill do........instead of 'I will see how I feel' I have had an EFT session which has made me re-think about my self, and has made me realise that I deserve better.
The past is just, that the past it is gone, done and dustered. I am now looking forward to the future.
Well Done!!!!!

Best wishes
Jenny xxxx

trac67
11-01-06, 10:00
Hi Mojo,

What a brilliant post, and an inspiration for other to read how well you have done.

And as you so rightly said it really is a case of facing the fear and just doing it.

Keep up the good work, well done.

Take care

Trac Xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
11-01-06, 19:51
Mojo

Oh I am so chuffed to hear all of this and haven't you come so far and done so well.

Many thanks for the lovely post.

I know that it must have been hard to overcome all of this but you have done it and you should be very proud of all that you have achieved.

Well done and please pop back from time to time to let us know how you are.

Nicola

tygwyn
12-01-06, 09:26
Thats a lovely post Mojo and thanks for taking the time to post it.

The realisation that this is a temporary condition if you are prepared to work at recovery and face those fears is fantastic isn't it?! Like you say when you are at the peak of it all you just cant bring yourself to believe that it will pass within time but the cold hard fact is IT WILL!

Well done on your recovery!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

jill
12-01-06, 09:48
Hi Mojo :D

You have worked soooo hard to get where you are now,

WELL DONE [^]:D:D

Wishing you and your family health and happiness in this new year and in the years to come.:D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Sus
12-01-06, 10:46
Well done Mojo, thats a great post to read. It gives me a wee bit extra get up and get on with it and I will get there. Thankyou

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

bluesparkle
12-01-06, 11:26
hi...
what a lovely post to read...
well done you :D
rach

mojo5
12-01-06, 16:28
A Big Thanks to all of you for your help and encouaragement.

I couldn't have done it without you.

Take Care

Mojo.Xx:D:D

alexis
12-01-06, 16:36
What a wonderful positive post giving everybody hope. well done, good luck for the future now, take care.xxxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

tygwyn
12-01-06, 17:47
Alexis I love that litte rhyme!!

Its lovely

Thanks for posting it!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

emmy
13-01-06, 12:00
thats so brill to hear that you have come a long way i am also trying to face my fears not easy i know hope i will turn out like you all the best,,,,

big hugs emmy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tomimo
13-01-06, 18:12
Wow!! Well done!

That's really inspriting and positive. I am so pleased that things have turned round for you and that you haad such a great outlook on things.

Annie x

jackie
14-01-06, 16:50
is it really possible to live through this. ive been having a heart attack for t four years. now i believe the panic and worry will finish me off. i desperately want to get better but the fear of a stress related heart attack makes it impossible.

mojo5
18-01-06, 00:15
Hi Jackie.

You may not believe it but I used to feel trapped by the fear - just like you do.

There's loads of support and advice here -

The one thing I CAN say is.......
Your situation is common, (unpleasant) and 100% beatable.

The road to recovery may not be easy, but it IS DEFINITELY possible.

If I can help you the way that others in this forum have helped me - it would be my pleasure.

Take care
Mojo XXxx