PDA

View Full Version : Burning Sensation in Skin

springblossom
15-03-10, 13:23
Hi guys,

I constantly have a feeling that my skin is burning up, but I have no rash and when I ask someone to feel it they tell me it doesn't feel excessivley hot. Is this anxiety?

Does anyone else get this? If so, I'd love to hear from you here on the board or by PM :).

Thank you!!

SB

bottleblond
15-03-10, 13:27
Hi springblossom

You are definately not on your own with this one as i have read some similar posts here recently. See if this helps....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67303

Take care
Lisa
x

shanlynn1012
15-03-10, 13:32
I have been having it I think u replied to one of my posts, it is freaking me out but I come on here & see others have it. It is anxiety easy for me to say to you! PM me we can talk it out since we both are going threw it right now! I have been to my Drs and nuero and both said it was most likely anxiety. And when I really think about it I can not think of anything else it could be.

springblossom
15-03-10, 13:53
Thank you for the replies.

Shanlynn I'll PM you.

Rachel W
15-03-10, 21:12
Me too, but with me it is just when I lean against a surface or warm air is trapped in between my clothes. It is like my skin is more sensitive to heat, but is not sensitive in itself. If I move to a cooler surface or lean forward it immediately subsides. I am hoping that mine is just anxiety and perhaps dry skin caused by all this artificial heat in the house during the winter. It is freaking me out too!!!

springblossom
18-03-10, 09:47
If it's anxiety why is it still there when we are relaxed?

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 11:49
That is something I do not understand eihter. But I did suffer badly with derealization and it was there at all times for me like a constant until I stopped thinking about it and then SLOWLY it began to lift. I am hoping it is the same with the burning.
Does you burning move around? Mine is all around my lower body or my whole lower body.
Feel better

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 11:53
SB
See my post above ours anxiety cause physical symptoms constantly. I got an incrediable response that really made sense to me. Check it out.

springblossom
18-03-10, 14:19
So are you thinking that the focusing on the symptom is perpetuating it?

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 22:37
SB where is ur burning? Mine is feet lower body? I felt worse today when I was driving in the car but it was a long trip with not much to do but THINK. I had in my head that it would start in the car and it did.
Yes I think thinking about it "feeds" it and once we stop "feeding" it it will SLOWLY go away. It will not happen over night!

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 22:39
I kept trying to analyze when it was happening I thought it ws happening only when sitting so then everytime I sat it happened. But then it occured to me after a night out wiht hubby that I was sitting for hours wihtout it. I also recalled some times when it happened while standing. I almost went a day without it the other day. So I do think it is ultra sensitive nerves from ANXIETY and clothing and stuff may aggravate it but there is no other explanation or ryme or reason. It is for sure annoying.

springblossom
22-03-10, 10:15
I'm going to try pretending I don't have it today :)

shanlynn1012
22-03-10, 10:41
I did that yesterday cause I was so busy and yet it was there it passed or bothered me less. Hard to say! Hope u have a great day

springblossom
22-03-10, 15:44
good to hear you're in positive mood :)

springblossom
17-05-10, 16:25
This has come back with a vengeance.

I have tried to take my mind off it but I just feel sunburn sensation all over my skin :(

Rachel W
19-05-10, 00:33
I was in Mull for a week hiking and it went away completely. Now I am back, sitting in a heated house and on the leather and mine has also come back with a vengeance as well. I have also been SO stressed over the past two weeks. My skin is just feeling awful and dry and irritated... ugghhh.... It was so uncomfortable tonight. :(

springblossom
19-09-11, 16:58
This symptoms has come back...anyone else get this?

Rachel W
20-09-11, 03:09
I still deal with it now and again. Sometimes I wonder whether it is just that I am getting used to it, and then I get a bout and realise that it can't be ignored. I have not been able to figure out a pattern, but I think it begins when I have sweat and been in a dryer environment. Definitely don't rule out anxiety though...

ATory
01-01-13, 19:28
i was actually in hospital when i got the burning sensation all over my body like i was badly sunburnt all tests clear and the doctors said it was anxiety... other patients also had similar systems and its scarey..... hard to believe how powerful this anxiety stuff really is even when i think i am relaxed i am not.....

Noivous
29-04-17, 17:57
If it's anxiety why is it still there when we are relaxed?

Hi - I've often wondered that myself. I think it's just because we aren't actively or directly...or currently stressing out it doesn't mean our minds have stopped thinking about things subconsciously. Also, it can come on without warning when even when things seem calm in regards to anxiety. I get it once in awhile now and when I do I just go about my business.

N.

ElectricAlice
29-04-17, 22:38
Yes! I get this so badly across my back near the shoulder blades. It literally feels like someone has rubbed heat cream on my skin. It feels awful, one of my least favourite sensations.

I have no idea what it is but I do find its worse when I'm tense or more active so I'm thinking it might be muscle related.

Not nice!

Makdarko2010
19-08-17, 21:43
This is happening to me now! It has happened before but never on my face and is really annoying! Going on 5 hrs now :(

Noworryjonny
19-08-17, 22:33
I get it across my lower back and in my bum when I sit down or lean forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk