PDA

View Full Version : shooting pains in my head is this normal??????????

rachel marie
15-03-10, 14:54
:doh:i have been getting the shooting stabbing pains in my head on and of for ages now, and sometimes my head feels like its screaming inside like its going to explode, i have had a head ct scan wich came back normal but im still worried is it realy to do with anxiety???????? and some ppl on this that have had head pains have had a mri scan so why did i have a ct scan??????? should i demand a mri or was the ct scan just as good????

have any of you had pains like this????:shrug:

skippy66
15-03-10, 15:17
Yes I get them really bad usually followed by a nosebleed some hours later which worries me.

jojo1976
15-03-10, 18:02
Yes, LOTS of people with anxiety get those shooting head pains. You're all tense, blood vessels are constricting, etc. Just like with normal headaches, most are caused my tension. Typical anxiety result. Keep in mind your CT was clear - if there was a real problem with your vessels or brain causing the pain, it would have been seen.

Dehydration can also do that. Have some water, listen to a guided meditation on YouTube, take a hot shower, anything to do your best not to dwell on it and it should subside.

julieannboo
17-03-10, 16:44
i get shooting pains in my head very occasionally after a migraine. horrible i know.