PDA

View Full Version : A constant lightheadedness feeling

Nenee
15-03-10, 17:44
About a two months ago , I had my first panic attack..
Soon after I had a constant feeling like there was something stuck in my throat..I went to the doctor and he said it was my nerves...
A few weeks later the feeling went away..
Now I have a constant lightheadedness feeling..
I had it for a few weeks than it passed and now it's back.
It's only when I stand do I really feel it..
Can this be from the anxiety I have?

mary1
15-03-10, 21:03
hi there...i hope you are feeling better now...well, the feeling in your throat and this lightheaded feeling it's all from anxiety and it's a vry normal symptom from anxiety it is scary yeah but it is harmless and it will go like any other symptom ..i have it too when i keep thinking about it it gets worse but when i ignore it and distract it it fades and goes away gradually!! don't panic hon just know that this is normal with anxiety..xxx

Dazo
16-03-10, 08:40
I feel lightheaded often and when it comes its stays for a while.
I was more scared of it before, i guess i get used to this feeling.

Hope you feel better.

ecb
20-03-10, 21:19
i have this feeling all the time too, along with derealisation. its hard to ignore it when you feel dizzy so i can fully emphasise. i hope that the more time i can not worry about it, the more likely it is to go away. everytime i stand up and am around people i feel it x

shanlynn1012
20-03-10, 22:25
I had that for awhile and spent tons of time googling light headness and thinking it was allergies, ear etc etc. I was experiencing derealization once i accepted that and focused on getting over anxiety it went away. I also started a LOW dose of zoloft & excersise often. I still get it do not get me wrong and I have anxiety but that has mostly passed. I try abnd tell myself when it happens i will just float threw it ends faster.

Anxious_gal
21-03-10, 01:15
I have had anxiety all my life.
i remember well when i was 11, I had that feeling of something being stuck in my throat!
just goes to show how anxiety gives you real symptoms or sensations.
god I get lightheaded a lot!
um it could be relaxed to vertigo or simply just the anxiety and the adrenaline your body is firing off.
yeah when you focous on anything you become too aware of it and it gets bigger and bigger!