PDA

View Full Version : Tapering off prozac

Purple Fish
15-03-10, 18:13
Well I`m now entering my fifth week so I need to reduce my dose even more.

What a roller coaster! One day I`m up the next I`m down! I suppose this is all part of the withdrawal process.

When I was on Prozac I felt the same all the time but now I`m actually feeling `real` emotions.

I`ll let you know how I`m feeling with an even bigger reduction!

I`m just going to keep on going, got an appointment with my doctor in 3 weeks, so I`m doing it properly.

Tanya xx

bomberbeamish
17-03-10, 09:50
hi,, well done,, im on prozac, and on 60 mg aday,, but i must say i dont think hey do anything, i dont think i noticed if they did when i first starting taking them. i also take diaizpam and seroquel,, did you notice the diffence when you first stared taking them.

Purple Fish
17-03-10, 17:14
Not straight away but I`m only on 20mg. After about 3 weks though I noticed that things were no longer getting to me. So that was good.

It just gave me the start to get back on track, it was like giving myself a break.

leah2283
04-04-10, 22:49
i'm on 20mg and they really effect my sleep mainly the fact that i can't sleep when i take them, but i feel ok now so i'm taking a few flouxetine a week but mainly on b12, this weeks going to be my full week of no flouxetine at all, the b12 helps calm the side effects