PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had thier ears syringed?????

ScaredCaz
15-03-10, 19:39
Hi Guys

Went docs last tues with face pressure he said my left ear was very blocked with wax and to use olive oil drops which i did

Had to go back today because it is not getting any better got to have my left ear syringed next monday :ohmy:

Anyone ever had this done? i,m a bit scared

Thanks

nomorepanic
15-03-10, 19:48
Yes there is nothing to it really.

They squirt water into the ear so it feels a bit funny and of course your hearing will be effected whilst they do it - a bit like when you get water in your ears when swimming.

Doesn't hurt at all though.

ScaredCaz
15-03-10, 19:53
Hi

Thanks so much for that nomorepanic i,ll try and relax eek :)

Totally obsessed
15-03-10, 20:17
Hi there, I have had this done a few times.

It will actually feel a bit odd but no pain at all! And the relief you will feel afterwards is unbelievable!
Donīt worry at all.

smudger
15-03-10, 20:34
I have it done every 6 months and I LOVE IT. It makes me feel a little giddy for a few seconds and for some reason it makes me giggle! My hearing is SO good after too once the water clears. If you can't hear straight away, don't worry, once you lay down in bed a bit of water may trickle out and you can hear again. Its wonderful!:)

Pdubya86
15-03-10, 20:40
On holiday in Spain once, when I was little, I developed in ear infection in both ears. The doctor syringed them and the BIGGEST lump of wax came out. Needless to say I was better soon.

Its nothing to worry about, just feels a bit strange.

ScaredCaz
16-03-10, 15:16
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for all your replies

Today i feel like monday can not come quick enough i have a shocking headache the left side of my head has so much pressure it feels like it is going to pop

I am taking pain killers but they are only taking the edge off the dull ache is there all the time

Alexy
16-03-10, 15:54
hey, iv had this done, it hurts a bit, but its not so bad xxxx

ScaredCaz
16-03-10, 19:42
Hi Guys

Got myself in a real panic a while ago started panicking about my head i have quite alot of pressure which i am hoping will be relieved when i have my ear done on monday just found myself worrying it was more than wax i have been docs twice been reassured that is what it is but depending on what i do the pressure gets really bad

it is easing a little now but i always have some pressure is that normal?

Utility
16-03-10, 20:58
Hi

I love this!

Would quite happily have my ears syringed all day long but don't think the surgery (or my work) would allow it.

Warm water cleaning your ears - great!

smudger
17-03-10, 14:40
Hi Guys

Went docs last tues with face pressure he said my left ear was very blocked with wax and to use olive oil drops which i did

Thanks

Are you warming the oil coz that gives so much relief? Careful not to get it too hot though! I put a tspn in boil water for a minute n then put some oil on it, let it absorb the heat, check its not too hot before putting it in.:)