PDA

View Full Version : still waiting!!!!!!

hannah84
15-03-10, 22:04
Hello there everyone, well its been a month now since i started taking citalopram and i do not feel any better at all, i am anxious all the time, panicky, feeling spaced out and weird i am having trouble sleeping and having headaches and feeling fluey with muscle aches and feeling just rubbish.
I just dont know what to do any more when am i going to feel better, will i ever feel better or is this is now?
Is there any thing else i should do please help if you can.
Hannah x x

shortstuff
15-03-10, 22:06
It can take 6-8 weeks before you feel any benefit, so it's worth hanging in there. The side effects usually wear off as well.

Hope you feel better soon

Nic

varn3y
15-03-10, 23:04
Ive just started on it today, worried by some of things ive read on here. 6-8 weeks is a long time!

shortstuff
15-03-10, 23:13
It can be worth the wait - I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't taken the plunge. The list of side effects is scary and puts lots of people off, but remember that this is different for everyone and it any you do get will ease off or disappear in most cases. 6-8 weeks is a short time compared to months/years of suffering. Most medications of this type have a settling in period.

Hope you get on well with it all

Nic

JT69
16-03-10, 10:04
:hugs:Hi Hannah,

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling the benefit from citalopram, as others say it can take longer for the medication to get into your system. What strength are you taking hun? Did your gp suggest giving you and diazepam to help until the citalopram starts to work?? This would certainly help with the anxiety you are suffering.

I have taken this medication on/off for a number of years and once it does get into your system it should really make you feel alot better. Try and stick with it as it often makes you feel worse before you start to feel better.

Know what it feels like hun, take care and sending you a big hug. Jo.:hugs: