PDA

View Full Version : why dont we believe the doctors!?!

mel1972
16-03-10, 10:55
I had the doctor out yesterday after i blacked out (1st time ever), have other symptoms including cough, aches, pains ect...His diagnosis Chest infection.. today i just dont feel right the aches and pains are obviously where i fell when i fainted, but i just feel really heady and have a horrid taste in my mouth, why when we have been given a diagnosis do we feel the need to have further reassurance!
I am now looking for other things that it could be! arghhhhh
HA is the bain of my life!
:mad: so mad with myself.

Peter_Scott
16-03-10, 11:47
I think our mistrust can be part of our HA, but to be honest Drs do not always instil confidence in me. Often they will change a diagnosis on the next visit. Drs often start out with telling people it is a virus, then if it doesn't clear up they do a re think, third visit they really start to use there little grey cells lol

busybeingmum
16-03-10, 12:26
Hi Mel - I am so like you. I have seen 3 differennt docs about my groin lump and still I don't believe them when they say it is normal etc. It is part of HA. One doc really understands about HA and says that even if I had tests I woudn't believe them...... I think we have to learn to think that they are the experts and what's the point in worrying when they have given an explanation? xxx

mel1972
16-03-10, 16:59
I know its madness even though they have had years of training i am still disbelieving of him.
I am just so fed up with posting negative posts on here, and long to be positive and happy all the time!
So frustrating as at work i make out i am happy all the time why cant i think more like it at home away from everyone

Typer
16-03-10, 17:05
Sorry, its horrible having this HA...hope you have some good things happen so you can post something positive :)

I don't trust doctors either, but some of that anxiety has come from the times they DO get it wrong. I think the fact that they have been wrong a couple of times fueled me into HA.

mel1972
16-03-10, 17:15
alot of my doubt and mistrust is down to the fact that my mum had an ecg and was told nothing showed up then the next evening she had a heart attack and has since left us and become an angel, hence my fear of dying and HA.
never like this before and try to think positive but the negativity always rears it's ugly head!

Typer
16-03-10, 17:19
Oh Mel I am so sorry. That makes sense...your HA being sparked by that. I can relate to your story because of something similar in my own background.

You may also be a bit run down if you do have a chest infection as infection can cause short term depression.

I hope you find a way through and out of this.

mel1972
16-03-10, 17:26
thanks typer appreciate your words and hope you are having a good day today
:)

Linzbug1
16-03-10, 18:19
same feeling here! I went to my doc yesterday and felt like I was completely wasting me time, as soon as I got home all i did was search the internet and worry myself more :-(

mel1972
16-03-10, 18:28
with you on that Linzbug ... even though i know i am going to stress myself out more.
its like a self harm.