PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

boots38
16-03-10, 14:12
Hello there, I'm really pleased to have found this site, I suffer from panic and anxiety attacks. This has been going on for some years, I can go months without an attack, and then suddenly one will come on. I don't like going out on my own, I get very anxious having to go shopping, especially crowded supermarkets, I don't even like having to take my daughter to school, I just want to get home I feel trapped, and feel that I don't have a life of my own. I did take medication some years ago, but it just made me feel spaced out. I am also a type 1 diabetic, so a lot of the symptoms I feel, I am not sure if it is the diabetes or anxiety causing me to feel like this.? I feel very alone sometimes, although my family is very supportive, especially my husband. Today I had to get my teenage son to come and walk back from the school with me, as I had a panic attack, and felt very shaky. I'm finding that I am avoiding going out on my own, I don't want to be like this anymore, I also feel I can't tell people because I'm worried what they will think? I would really be interested to know how other members cope?

diane07
16-03-10, 14:15
Hi boots38

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
16-03-10, 15:55
:welcome:Boots. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Vanilla Sky
16-03-10, 20:44
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Patty
16-03-10, 22:30
Hi boots38

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Chuffed2Bits
17-03-10, 00:27
Hi and welcome to NMP. Hope you can all the support here that you need!

Regards

:flowers:

angie79
17-03-10, 11:50
boots ! i know just wot your going through im the same i get so frightened of picking my child up from school !! i feel shaky ,light headed,and think im going to faint !!! and when theres a parents evenin omg !! im so scared its horrible hunni your not alone at all xxxx