PDA

View Full Version : tight middle chest.

tina2004
12-02-04, 16:08
ive had pains in my chest on and off for years and they terrify me.however a few time recently like yesterday i got areally heavy tightness pain in my middle of my chest,it didnt last too long but it was blidy scary,i thought i was gonny have a heartattack,then on and off all day i got pain in my left side like under my left breast and down the way,they were kind of sharp.the thing that worries me is that i know sharp pains arnt a heart attack but people say the symptoms of a heart attach r heavy tightness in ur middle chest and thats what i had,god im terrified i cant take any more of this,i feel like im stuck and no where to turn,ive saw doctors and they say its anxiety and im too scared to take my ciprimal,so im kind of lost no where to go.

benoo5
12-02-04, 16:49
hi tina,

after six years of exhaustive training,i think your doctors know,wot their talking about.

when this happens again...phone a friend,and ask her to phone you back in ten minutes...then do some exercises..jogging on the spot,bringing your knees up high...bring your arms accross your chest..then fling them wide open...bend up and down quickly ten times.

bye this time,your friend will have phoned you back,and you will still be alive,and possible the chest symptoms,have died down.

we have a heart attack test on here....stand outside the door to your local casualty dept..do ten mins of really tough exercise...if you collapse,then where better,to do it!...but you wont collapse tina...cos your problem,and symptoms are all anxiety related...best wishes..bryan.

bananarbabe
12-02-04, 20:20
Hi Tina,

I too worried excessively about chest pains. I agree with Bryan about trying to do some exercise. That usually helped me lots. If you haven't already, I would make an appointment with your doctor to get other things ruled out. One thing they did for me was a 24 hour EKG. Once that came up normal, I was easily able to ignore the chest pains.

Best,

Chris