PDA

View Full Version : Panic. Husband got a bug!!!

LowrieT
16-03-10, 20:16
Oh heck, the worse of all nightmares for a vomiting phobic. OH has the bug going round but only has the diarrhoea. He has been in bed all day apart from the loo visits and I have been in Hell. Poor soul, it is him who is ill but my heart has been going since last night, completely loopy. Fingers crossed I do not catch it with the vomiting attached. Am I selfish or what. :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

Vanilla Sky
16-03-10, 20:30
No your not. You have a genuine fear , that does not make you selfish. Your hubby will get through the bug and IF you get it to remember that , you will get through it to , Don't worry , hope you'll be ok :)

LowrieT
16-03-10, 21:08
Thanks Paige, am sure I will be OK if I get it. Husband has just asked for Toast, so he must be on the mend. I suppose it is one way for him to lose weight!!!

bottleblond
16-03-10, 21:32
You're not selfish at all.
I would glady have the flu any day over a sicky bug.
I am lucky though because it's been years since i had it. My son gets those bugs but they seems to bypass me! phewwww!!

Lisa
xx

Dolan1989
17-03-10, 10:35
I have a massive phobia of being sick. I got stressed out last week when I was sat next to someone on the bus who was on his phone telling his friend how ill he was.

I also went home at the weekend and my niece was ill with it. I felt really awful on monday, but I think it was a bit of that and a bit panicking about it.

I was ill last week though and although I wasn't sick I felt like I needed to be. You get through it though.

I also feel sick everytime I have an anxiety attack. Not Nice!

Sometimes i feel like if just once i could let myself be sick, Id realise its not so bad and I wouldn't stress about it so much.

as for your OH being ill, just keep washing your hands, its all you can do.

x

LowrieT
17-03-10, 19:41
Well, I got the bug!!! Just been sick. I have put in a hell of a day panicking but there is nothing you can do, is there. I knew I had it when I jsut couldnt face my tea and had to leave the room. God help me for the rest of the night. Doubt I will get much sleep.

I was awfully good at my hand hygiene and really stayed away from OH. He slept in other bedroom and lay around in the L. room. I used the spare bathroom as well. It must be very infectious, well the medics say it is.

:weep:

ecb
20-03-10, 21:02
For anyone who suffers from emetephobia, my friend has just written this article for a local newspaper. It has given me hope, and may give you hope too x
http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/How-I-overcame-my-misery.6161873.jp