PDA

View Full Version : Waking up feeling like im choking!!

Lou 1
17-03-10, 10:46
Hi i know this might sound like a weird one.. but last night i was alseep when i suddenly woke up and felt like i was choking and almost like i couldnt swallow.
My heart was pounding and i felt really shaky.
I managed to calm myself down and was drifting back into sleep when i felt like i was falling then again felt like i couldnt swallow.
Its really kicked of my anxiety today :/

Does anyone else experience this - im worried it could be some sort of sleep disorder!

Lou

amandaj
17-03-10, 10:59
hi lou this is very common with anxiety ,i am like it nearly every night i also jump when i wake up like something has scared me and my heart is always going mad, sweaty palms breathlessness the whole lot i think its our subconcious doing it to us
amandaxx

Lou 1
17-03-10, 11:06
Hi Amanda thank u very much for ur reply. It so scary when it happens - makes me feel like i really cant swallow or that im choking.
lou xx

amandaj
17-03-10, 11:42
it does lou its horrible i do sympathise , feel like your being strangled x

Typer
17-03-10, 11:53
How weird. I just logged in to say the same thing, apart from I was fine this morning but after eating breakfast my throat feels like its closing up and like i am being strangled. Swallowing is difficult. What is this?

gypsywomen
17-03-10, 11:58
its anxiety ,, and Adrenalin rushes

Typer
17-03-10, 12:00
I guess so, but I was not feeling anxious at all....perhaps I was without knowing that.

NeilNato
17-03-10, 12:41
Very strange, i get this too :unsure:

BTW i have GAD and had it pretty much all my life and so from what i can see, this is quite common thing to happen, thank god i thought i was going to die from some dodgy throat illness or something :emot-whistle:

Lou 1
17-03-10, 15:18
Thanks for all ur replies :)

Typer
17-03-10, 15:23
Mine went a bit but has been around a bit all day. I am trying to accept its all part of the whole. I just hate this...I was fine up till 9 months ago...now life is just one big worry