PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Headaches on Citalopram

ruth76
17-03-10, 11:42
Hi Everyone

I am on my 5th week of citalopram I was put up to 20mg on monday from 10mg I have been really lucky and not had many side effects on them but this week I have had the worst headaches so bad I feel sick. I have been taking painkillers but they are not working.
Also I keep getting twitches in the right side of my head. Its really scaring me should i go to the doctors??

thanks ruth

bluejeans17
17-03-10, 13:15
Hi Ruth

I had exactly the same from Week 5. I went to the doctors and they advised it was a tension headache. I took various painkillers but nothing seemed to shift it. I doesn't help because you are worrying. The headaches lasted for weeks. You should go to the doctor if you are worried at least they will give you reassurance.

It seems to be a common problem but after being on Cit for nearly a year I can honestly say it is worth sticking with them - they really worked for me.

BJ

ruth76
17-03-10, 14:19
Thanks BJ I have an appt to see doctor at 5.00pm.Its a shame as I have been doing really well.The twitches in my head are weird though! I havent drank any alcohol for 5 weeks but fancy a glass of wine at the weekend but im too scared in case it makes me ill.:)

bluejeans17
17-03-10, 14:24
Good luck - let us know how it goes. I would stay off the wine until the meds settle down and then limit yourself to a glass or two at the most.

All the best

martbarr
17-03-10, 14:40
Thanks BJ I have an appt to see doctor at 5.00pm.Its a shame as I have been doing really well.The twitches in my head are weird though! I havent drank any alcohol for 5 weeks but fancy a glass of wine at the weekend but im too scared in case it makes me ill.:)

I found that Boots tension headache tablets (or brand name Syndol) were great for unshiftable headaches.
They will make you a little sleepy though .......

Or soluble paracetamol every 4 hrs - they were also quite good until mine stopped

ruth76
17-03-10, 14:49
Thank you
I have been taking co drydramol tablets which are codeine and parecetmol. But are not even touching it. Its almost like a migraine feel awful. But will see what doc says otherwise i will get some other painkillers.

JT69
17-03-10, 15:34
[QUOTE=martbarr;632710]I found that Boots tension headache tablets

Thanks for the spot of advertising there proff North!!! Thinking of my bonus!!!

Jo.xx

martbarr
17-03-10, 15:54
[QUOTE=martbarr;632710]I found that Boots tension headache tablets

Thanks for the spot of advertising there proff North!!! Thinking of my bonus!!!

Jo.xx

My pleasure - I will get commission right like we agreed?

ruth76
17-03-10, 22:09
Well the doctor was useless he didnt even offer me any new painkillers. I did forget to mention to everyone that last tuesday I had botox in my forehead and around my eyes. U all prob think I am mad but I had deep lines and it looks much better I prob sound very vain! So I will admit I have been panicking that it is the botox causing my headaches spreading to my brain and posioning me lol! But I did tell the doc and he said my blood pressure,pulse etc is fine so it wont be the botox hopefully! the doc said its prob the citalopram causing the headaches but said they should go away in a few days. So now I am even more paranoid!!!:ohmy: