PDA

View Full Version : ARGH, why won't it go away

blackberry1972
17-03-10, 12:15
My Anxiety has been steadily improving since January this year but the last two weeks I seem to have gone back to where I was last August when I was first diagnosed.
It’s so frustrating and annoying. My counseling sessions were reduced from once a week to once a month and then once every 6 weeks but I called my Counselor yesterday to bring my next session forward by a week to this Friday.
My Anxiety gives me muscle twitches which then makes me worry which then………………
I’m trying to think of anything that might have happened over the last couple of weeks to make me worry and the only things I can think of are that a friend of mine collapsed and was rushed to Hospital and has since been diagnosed with Diabetes. He is overweight and has been told to go on a diet but he is clearly suffering from depression since his father passed away last year two months before mine did. Maybe just chatting with him has made me feel down.
Also it was the first anniversary of my fathers death two weeks ago but I honestly didn’t dwell on it too much.

The most annoying thing is that I stay up until I’m literally falling asleep in the hope that I fall asleep straight away when I go to bed but as soon as I lay down I get a muscle twitch when then keeps me awake until I have talked myself in to realising that it’s just the anxiety.

Kind words and encouragement would be much appreciated

gypsywomen
17-03-10, 12:28
if you were getting better .dont disspair you will do it again sounds like your going through a bad patch ,,i hope you feel better soon

blackberry1972
17-03-10, 13:33
if you were getting better .dont disspair you will do it again sounds like your going through a bad patch ,,i hope you feel better soon

thanks I needed to hear that.
I have had the odd day or two since January where its got worse but this is 2 weeks worth.

I was hoping by now that I would have been able to come on this site and tell everyone about how I conquered my Anxiety and share the techniques I used to do this, again its very frustrating