PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine - Day 6

Chuffed2Bits
17-03-10, 13:27
Hi all,

I'm on day 6 of taking fluoxetine and have a very queasy tummy. Is this normal? I thought the sickness might have passed within the first couple of days, and even then, I didn't feel this sick. I've even started to itch a bit on my arms and tummy. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, when will this nausea subside?:shrug:

Thanks

C2B

LJL
17-03-10, 22:53
Yes it is normal, I'm on Flouxentine and I felt really queasy in the first few weeks and I did lose quite a bit of weight as my appetite was very poor but this was due to high anxiety. I also found that my arms and legs were very itchy but it does get better, persevere you will feel much better soon and trust me the appetite does come back with a vengeance!!!

Lis

rambo
18-03-10, 10:19
Hi all,

I'm on day 6 of taking fluoxetine and have a very queasy tummy. Is this normal? I thought the sickness might have passed within the first couple of days, and even then, I didn't feel this sick. I've even started to itch a bit on my arms and tummy. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, when will this nausea subside?:shrug:

Thanks

C2B
stick with them .. when i started on them 5 months they gave me 3 massive panic attacks a day for aout 6 weeks ? when u have been on them about 12 weeks they start to make u very dumb and unable to think too much which i find great ... they stop the fretting ....:yesyes:

Chuffed2Bits
18-03-10, 11:00
thanks, appreciate the reply. I'll stick with them and hope that this passes!

Kind regards

C2B

KK77
18-03-10, 15:05
All SSRIs (fluoxetine, paroxetine, citalopram etc) can give you an upset stomach, nausea and reduced appetite. It does pass after a few weeks so stick with it and hopefully it'll be worth it.

Chuffed2Bits
18-03-10, 18:58
Cheers all!!!

Feeling better with the replies...:)

BRB.emet
21-03-10, 03:03
I am on it too and i never felt sick. IT helps if you eat something before hand, no good to take it on an empty stomach. good luck! :)