PDA

View Full Version : I'm New

DesperateJules
17-03-10, 14:48
Hello - I'm new to this forum, if not to anxiety and panic, so I'm not sure what the form is?

I've suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for about 10 years now and am almost at the end of my tether .... I've just been to the doctors for about the 10th time in the last 6 months and all he does is up my dose of Citalopram to 20mg and tell me to try and relax and take control ....

What does he think I've spent the last 10 years trying to do :ohmy:

Hope there are more of you out there that have similar problems that can help me?

nomorepanic
17-03-10, 14:49
Hi DesperateJules

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gypsywomen
17-03-10, 14:56
10 years that a long time ,sometime think doctors cant be bothered after a while,,just give more meds ,when there other stuff they could do for us i am sure

DesperateJules
17-03-10, 14:59
Too right - they just appear to think that because there's nothing physically wrong with you, that you should be able to cope. All that ends up doing is making me feel totally inadequate, a complete failure and this seems to make everything worse!

gypsywomen
17-03-10, 15:01
i agree never give one a straght answer ,