PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

wellygog
17-03-10, 15:49
Hi,

I found this forum just by chance. I have always been very positive and independent until the last year or so. My husband was laid off in the construction industry in 2008 and it's been a gradual decline, fighting debt and trying to cope with a mortgage. He was self employed and qualified for nothing. I ended up having to quit work last year when in september I was diagnosed with skin cancer. I had my first operation October 09 and my 2nd, leaving me with an 11cm hole in my shoulder, in December 09. We have had to move out of our home and I'm finding it all too much. I have gained alot of weight and I have lost all my confidence. I don't want to go shopping or mix with people only close friends and immediate family. I cry all the time and find that I have lost all motivation and terrified of the cancer coming back. I don't know which direction to go in and just feel empty.

I'm sure I'm not alone and look forward to find inspiration again.

nomorepanic
17-03-10, 15:51
Hi wellygog

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sunflower7
17-03-10, 18:23
Just wanted to say hello and that I am sorry you have had such a rotten time. Please try to keep your chin up (although this must seem impossible) and remember everyone is here for you. Things can only get better for you. Take Care.
xxx :flowers:

RosieXXX
17-03-10, 18:28
Hello wellygog,

Welcome to nmp - it is good fortune you have found this site, because you will find plenty of support from caring people, who I am sure will help you to find your confidence again.

wellygog
21-03-10, 21:54
thank you. I do hope I find my confidence again this is a world I'm just not used to and certainly makes you see life differently. Why do we all have to wait for something to happen before we realise what's important?