PDA

View Full Version : migraines

julieannboo
17-03-10, 16:35
hi i am new here. don't want to admit to having health anxiety but i have it.

anyway i suffer with migraines - especially when i have a period.

anyway i had a real, real bad migraine 9 days ago and i am left feeling a bit dizzy, pressure at the back of my head and a few pains here and there.

is this just my body getting over the migraine?

thanks.

KK77
18-03-10, 01:27
As a fellow sufferer of migraines I can tell you that if I have a bad attack, it can leave me in pain for days after.

Fortunately I don't get them very often and I'm pretty careful in what I eat and drink but sometimes it's unavoidable.

See your GP for preventative meds if they're frequent but I wouldn't worry that it's something serious. HA will always make you think the worst...

Welcome to the forum.

julieannboo
18-03-10, 10:52
thanks.

after thinking it was something nasty when i was getting them last year i know now that it is just a migraine.

also sitting a computer for 7 hours a day doesn't help either!

moomintroll
18-03-10, 12:03
i suffer from migraines aswell, they are horrible, i feel sick with mine and i get them a lot

i get 1 or 2 really bad ones in year which completely floor me for a couple of days

i find peppermint aromatherapy oil helps, rub it into my forehead and the back of my neck, helps with the nausea

i sometimes find smells can trigger mine and sitting at a computer for too long, especially at work with the lights in the room and the computer screen also if i am feeling very anxious i get them too

NeverRelaxed
18-03-10, 12:49
as you know, I had a belter a couple of days ago and I still feel fuzzy/foggy/delicate now. what we must remember is tht a hell of a lot goes on in the ol' brain box before. during and after a migraine episode...

julieannboo
18-03-10, 15:07
as you know, I had a belter a couple of days ago and I still feel fuzzy/foggy/delicate now. what we must remember is tht a hell of a lot goes on in the ol' brain box before. during and after a migraine episode...

very, very true. it must be really upsetting for our poor heads!

NeverRelaxed
18-03-10, 15:48
I have a persistant visual aura that spikes and gets intense sometimes...after my last migraine, which was a few days ago, im left with shimmering/hazyness in my peripheral vision and tiny sparkly dots in my central field...Along with the visual symptoms I have brain fog (as I said before), tingling...even miled aphasia...Ive had MRI's and spoke to doctors etc and nothing serious has been discovered...

But anyway,..what im saying Is I understand and ttly get why you would feel washed out, drained, spaced out and confused for some time after a migraine!