PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today that made you feel good?

3faces
11-01-06, 22:23
I'm sure someone else will have already done this but wouldn't it be nice if we could all try and find something we did in any one day that made us feel good.

It dosn't have to be a huge thing and it may be something small but means a lot to you. We all hear about so many negative feelings and thoughts here, it is hard sometimes to think about the things we actually get right at times. We don't always get it wrong (even though we make think we do) and it's important to hold onto those little positives.

I'll go first:

I drove from Bath to Chippenham all by myself yesterday without turning my car around in a panic to go back home:D

It feels odd to me to say something positive because I am always putting myself down but it also feels really nice.

Your turn now.....don't be shy![:I]

Jem xxx

Piglet
12-01-06, 09:43
I went to a parents thing at the secondary school and although felt well panicky at the beginning, about half through I began to feel ok again.

So I am feeling good about the fact that I did actually go:D

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tracyp584
12-01-06, 11:13
I went into the kids school playground yesterday (instead of standing at the gate)!!

Thats quite positive!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

chellebelle
13-01-06, 10:50
I drove with clients in my car for 2 hours, felt really panicky for the first hour but managed to get through it and quite enjoyed the second hour - even had a big Neil Diamond (not my choice[8D]) singalong with the clients while driving!

"This too, shall pass"

chellebelle
13-01-06, 10:52
Sorry, [:I] by the way Jem, FAB idea!

"This too, shall pass"

3faces
13-01-06, 13:37
Well done everyone:D

and Chellebelle, for you to survive a Neil Diamond singalong without panicking, deserves a medal!!!

I've got another one.....I went for my first CBT session today. I was a bag of nerves but luckily the clinic wasn't too far from where I could park my car. It went really well and have booked up to see her again.

Keep smiling;)

Jem xxx

Sus
13-01-06, 15:54
Hello, great idea. I went out for an Indian meal last night and then to the cinema, first cinema visit in aaaaages. Walked there and back which was good too. Sus, xx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

eva82
07-02-12, 00:44
I went to pick up my daughter from school, the supermarket, and then to refill some prescriptions all this afternoon (with my hubby). This is HUGE for me because I usually don't leave the house (or if I do I just go to One place and start feeling so panicky I have to come right home). I've been forcing myself to get out more each day and so far it's helping me stay out longer.

Good job everyone for your accomplishments! This is a great positive thread!! :D

swanlinnet
07-02-12, 02:04
Bought a lady a bunch of flowers. And received some good news :)

Anxious_gal
07-02-12, 09:36
I've not done it yet , but I meeting a friend later in town despite my anxiety :)
It made me feel pretty good that I got an invite :)

Lost_L
08-02-12, 14:50
I went food shopping and started panicking when I got too far away from the door. Really wanted to leave the shop and wait for my boyfriend in the car. Instead I stood near the door for a few minutes, calmed down, got my breathing back to normal and went back and finished the shopping :) too many times I've left places without finishing what I'm doing but this showed me that maybe I don't have to give up every time!

sickandtired
08-02-12, 14:55
I coloured my grey hairs!!! just need my goddaughter to cut it and a new outfit for Saturday and I might just get some confidence back!

kittikat
11-02-12, 00:46
I made an 'emergency' trip to my daughters as my grandson was unwell, didn't even have time to think about anxiety of driving there alone....auto pilot took over :) It wasn't until I got there I thought 'wow, get me, drove alone, in the dark' was really proud of myself. It's less than 3 miles away but still hard to do usually.

Bless...my poor little grandson has chicken pox, hope I don't catch it now :wacko:

LauraSmith27
11-02-12, 20:49
I went on a bus for the first time in over a year today. My husband put me on the bus in town and I managed the journey home without panicking! It felt amazing!

Pipkin
11-02-12, 22:30
I went for a walk around town. Freezing cold but loved it!

Minxxey
11-02-12, 22:37
Today I felt the sad Moody's coming on and fought it and succeeded even managed to have a giggle with my munchkins x

MazF
08-06-12, 22:54
I baked a sponge cake and only slightly burned it!

emmasaurus
11-06-12, 12:45
I caught the bus (alone) to the Health Centre, didn't fall apart in front of my GP, then visited the pharmacy before catching the bus home again. I've spent all of today alone, too (being at home alone usually causes extreme panic - I usually cave and call my mum, but I haven't yet). Woo!

yvonne_uk_98
11-06-12, 20:54
what a wonderful thread.

I went picked my son up from school, then went got food shopping from one shop, drove to another shop got the rest, went got petrol then home, and managed to carry some bags of heavy shopping up the stairs, though only managed to make it to the second lot of stairs, then my son took the rest of the shopping off me. that was an achievement to carry some shopping up the stairs, even though takes me such a long time to climb the stairs with shopping.

eternally optimistic
11-06-12, 21:01
Well done everyone.

blue moon
12-06-12, 06:54
I went shopping,helped an elderly lady push her trolley to her car,she gave me a hug.

jackathy
29-06-12, 23:24
booked a holiday to prague with my friends!!

blue moon
30-06-12, 07:05
I woke up....:yesyes:

Kateykat
30-06-12, 18:44
Last Sunday I did the race for life in Worcester along with over 5000 others!!!!!! I still cannot believe I did it and am chuffed with myself! I have had anxiety and agoraphobia to varying degrees for 23 years!

uklad
03-07-12, 00:44
took dog for a walk cheered me up abit

joy
03-07-12, 12:30
Went to Asda without husband and no panic

Joy

mrmj
04-07-12, 20:00
Ran 2 miles without stopping or noticing dizziness! Came back with a very very red face :D

theharvestmouse
04-07-12, 20:45
Went to work despite feeling like just staying in bed all day.

holly1
05-07-12, 17:10
I went to the hairdressers and really enjoyed it. Big achievement for me as I had a panic attack last time I went. :)

crazy_cat
05-07-12, 21:22
I managed to disregard negative things people were saying about me (told people I'd had a nervous breakdown -not true. After going mad and crying, I decided screw them, if their lives are so boring they need to bitch about me I'm better than them already :) usually this kind of thin would have resulted in days of self criticism and anxiety... Yay!!!

Who's up next :-) lets keep this positivity going, reading this would help me even on a bad day xx

potato11
05-07-12, 21:37
delivered a baby :)

not on the off chance - I am a student midwife!

blue October
05-07-12, 21:53
delivered a baby :)

not on the off chance - I am a student midwife!

wow wow and wow. I have cut three placentas and don't know how i managed not to faint. CONGRATS!

I mowed the lawn :)

haz
06-07-12, 00:34
I cut the grass. :)

tofutoffees
06-07-12, 00:55
I did a job interview and realised that it is the first job I have actually really really wanted. And I also realised that if I don't get the job, then it is not the end of the world.

Plus I walked for miles in heels and coped (just).

:yesyes:

blue moon
06-07-12, 23:12
Managed to get out of bed,bloody cold in Canberra:yesyes:

uklad
22-07-12, 21:13
played pool with a friend and head was ok :)

dusty41
22-07-12, 21:29
I had sunday lunch out today, with my partner and son, (despite being in pain,/symptom bad back muscular tension) really made an effort makeup and hair done ! Had a lovely meal and drink, did nt notice the pain once while I was out (because I wasnt focused on it) ! x Gonna get out and about tomorrow with my son (park) and hopefully it will be a good day ! x

plotlost
24-07-12, 02:32
went shopping with the OH, engaged in conversation with a member of staff, actually laughed and joked.

Normally, I wouldnt enter the shop, speak tp anyone or go with OH, so it was 3 'big deals' rolled into one!

2 weeks in on Citalopram.......maybe its starting to do its thing? I really hope so :shrug:

Tufty
24-07-12, 08:12
Yesterday I walked with a friend and our dogs for an hour and then had a drink and cake in a cafe - with no panic - yippee!! It's back now tho:mad: time to get moving I thinks!

Tish
24-07-12, 14:41
Managed to get out of bed,bloody cold in Canberra:yesyes:
I wonder how cold 'cold' is in Canberra?
i.e. it's 28c here in UK at mo' and that is really, really hot! x

Sparkle1984
28-08-12, 21:12
I met my friend for lunch and we went to McDonald's in the local mall. This cheered me up especially as I hadn't seen her for a long time.

Carina
28-08-12, 21:27
Good luck Anxious Gal!

Today I went into town to get some stuff for my best friend's hen party, and also a wedding gift for her. I felt awful the whole time, but I did it. I could have just sat at home. Then I had a hot bath, and did some more work for my dissertation. So, I fought the negative feelings and did some constructive stuff.

ChrisScotland
04-09-12, 22:05
Did some shopping at Tesco(felt quite comfortable), did the washing, did a little exercise, and had a nice bath lol.

TJSMITH
04-09-12, 22:06
Had a special tattoo done to raise awareness for cerebral palsy as my son has mild cp