PDA

View Full Version : Hand not working = total freak out

butterfly00
17-03-10, 22:44
I'm sure this is not caused by anxiety, but it sure causes a whole of it! when I type or do very fiddly things my hand kind of seizes up, and it hurts across the back of my hand, then the pain goes up my arm and then it goes dead, heavy and useless. I thought carpel tunnel or something for a while but it doesn't hurt in the palm it the back of my hand and its worst in the the little finger which just stiffens completly. Its the muscles that seize up.

I've had reoccuring fears of MS for various reasons and this doesn't help that at all.

It also happened in my foot while driving . My ankle was at a funny angle and the muscles just clenched and wouldn't relaxe.

I also get the sensation that I have tight watch or bracelet on my forearms, right in the middle feels like someone is squeezing my arm.

anyone had similiar or heard somehting like this

KK77
18-03-10, 01:07
Yes I've had all those symptoms, plus your fears of something more serious.

I had lots of tests and nothing conclusive was found. Some doctors said fibromyalgia, others a pain syndrome, psychosomatic illness (ie in my head) etc etc.

Your hand problems do sound like a possible trapped nerve or CT syndrome but you need to push for a diagnosis.

One thing I will say is that I really don't think it's something like MS or any other scary disease!