PDA

View Full Version : Neck Cracking

StandFree1903
18-03-10, 04:29
Recently I have been cracking my neck alot.

Im worried i myte be doing damage to my neck an spine. I always chrack it when its sore as i get anxious when it hurts, once i have cracked it tho it doesnt hurt.

But im now starting to convince myself im doing more damage.

Help!

flumpy
19-03-10, 07:30
I'm no expert but i have been cracking my neck for 22 years and it still works fine. I did my first crack whilst warming up for a rugby match. I also crack my back(7 years), knees(at least 30 years) and fingers of course! Not all the time but occasionally! The back cracking helps my back pain but I think the others are just habit! Anyway, it won't harm you as long as you don't force anything. The noise is caused by synovial fluid moving within the synovial membrane and not by bone, cartelage, tendons snapping or anything like that. This is what my biology teacher told me 25 years ago when I was cracking my fingers! As I still have full use of all parts that I've cracked over the years, I tend to believe that he was telling the truth. So try not to worry and if you do still worry, go and ask the doctor for a check up...x:yesyes:

Cat80
19-03-10, 10:19
My sister does this all the time and she mentioned it to her physio who didn't tell her to stop it so don't think it's anything to worry about

smudger
19-03-10, 10:22
Chiropractor told me everybody's neck is capable of cracking and its normal.