PDA

View Full Version : im so down today

rebeccad
18-03-10, 08:08
:weep: hi all, i have not been on here for ages, to be honest i havnt really needed to i have felt so much better, i havnt really thought about the whole health anxiety thing and have just sort of got on with things. Well Tuesday i went to my therapy appointment and was told that i was going to be discharged the man did say i could get a referal back to him if i needed to but i know deep down that i probably wouldnt go back to my gp as it took so long to be refered before, its strange because i didnt really like going anyway but now i seem to feel sort of like, "ok well you have had your 6 months off you go" I dont really feel like ive got anything out of it and feel a little let down, i was given anti depressants which i didnt want to take anyway and i at least thought i would keep seeing him until i have come off them, im just on my own to cope and deal with things, has anybody else felt upset and took a bit of a setback after finishing their therapy?

gypsywomen
18-03-10, 08:18
i am sure you will be ok ,, if you go back to worrying , it could start anxiety try to stay positive ,your theripist must think your ok now ,witch is good keep srtong

Jannie2948
18-03-10, 08:41
That must have felt so good to have not thought about your anxiety for such a long time. Is it because you now feel that you won't be able to cope without the therapist? I started visiting a therapist last night and found it quite relaxing, but I'm having to pay for it myself, but I'm going to give it a go because I want to rid my mind of these negative thoughts. On meds and feel better for that but the mind still needs sorting out!!

I hope you get back on track with your positive thoughts, but I am sure if you need further help you will be given it, surely they just can't say "that's it 6 months and you're off" it takes as long as it takes. Hope all goes well for you.

All the best

Jannie x x

rebeccad
18-03-10, 09:14
thanks for the replys i wasnt actually told "6 months and im off" but thats how it seems.

rebeccad
18-03-10, 13:36
did anybody else feel a little lost after their therapy had come to an end?

patmac
18-03-10, 15:02
:hugs:hugs for you xx