PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP and very fed up! Advise on eyes needed??

Gabi_B
18-03-10, 13:17
Hi everyone,

Wow am i glad that i have found this sight :)

I have been suffering with mild anxiety since October 2009. It started due to a sinus infection which was really bad and hit me as i was sitting the biggest exam which led to a qualification in Law. I started getting symptoms and was told it was anxiety and should resolve. Whatever, it just got worse as i started to suffer with acid reflux. I was prescribed Omprazole but it didn't ease the pains for some 2 months so i was plagued with worry constantly over my stomach pains. Everytime i would eat i would worry. This has eased now as the tablets seemed to have kept the acid reflux at bay.

I started to see my GP over every little symptoms (i bet most of you have been there) only to be told everytime it is anxiety. And i think that i am starting to get a grip of anxiety bit just when i think that i know what a symptom is another one pops up.

I am now having some form of mild counselling and believe this is the way forward, although yet to have a session. However, the symptoms keep coming and i would just like some advice...

Lately i have had problems with my eyes - hard to describe but at best i can say they are tired, very sensitive to light, blurry, foggy. It appears to be when i am work most. Whilst watching TV i don't notice it, neither do i if am i distracted but i work monday to friday 9-5 with a computer. My sight doesn't appear to have changed and can see thinks fine i just feel i want to look away or close my eyes. Obviously i am thinking alsorts that it could be.

GP says to see optician to check my eyes are healthy and believes it is anxiety and the more i focus on the more it will appear.

Any help or friendly chat would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for the long post :) x

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 13:39
I have been there with the Dr every other day about a new "weird" symptom. I did have that with my eyes I swore i could not see my tv and jsut got really upset about it. I started to wear my glasses and use moisturizing eye drops. It began to help. I know it was from anxiety notr my vision. feel better i am bugging out today about a tingly foot. NEVER ends!

Gabi_B
18-03-10, 13:46
Thanks for your post.

Your right it doesn't ever end - one day its this and the next day it is that.

I think the foot things is nerve related :)

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 13:54
That is what I worry about a nerve disorder like MS or something.
Yes it goes from one thing to the next. Feel better

choliver
18-03-10, 16:00
hi what you describe is definitely a symptom of anxiety,i can identify with all of your symptoms and when i focus on them i have them more but when i am busy with other things i dont notice them any where near as much.the hardest thing is to accept that it is anxiety related because all the symptoms seem so real.try using a self hypnosis cd that targets anxiety/stress they can really help take the edge off of problems.and keep telling yourself its anxiety not health related.good luck choliver.

Gabi_B
18-03-10, 16:09
Thanks for your reply, choliver.

I just want it all to end but i know it is something i have to work at really, really hard. I hope this doesn't sound nasty but knowing there are others who have had the same symptoms really eases my mind!! First i know i am not crazy and secondly i know that if i am strong enough i can beat this!

The CD is a good tip :)

I just was worried as it was my eyes and that is something you don't mess with but GP only yesterday said more than likely be anxiety but see an optician to check all is health.

Thanks again

choliver
18-03-10, 16:21
the beauty of this site is that if it is anxiety related someone will have had it and can offer reassurance or advice.

shanlynn1012
18-03-10, 22:35
It is so nice to know there are other people who feel exactly like u, it makes it ieasier to beleive that it is in fact HA not some horrible illness.
Anxiety is so physical it is unreal. Hope everyone feels better.

june
19-03-10, 12:16
the beauty of this site is that if it is anxiety related someone will have had it and can offer reassurance or advice.

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
I really agree with this statement
:yesyes::yesyes:
:yesyes:

Best wishes
June

tasia
19-03-10, 13:43
Hi there
yes my eyes too are a great source of anxiety at times for me...and i usually start getting visual disturbances when im really anxious about them..but having been to optricians several times i always have my mind put at rest. At the moment im having problems with floaters in my eyes i have them all the time but because im a bit anxious at the moment im noticing them more and more..oh god what a carry on everything is if its not one things its another...hope you feel better soon x

Gabi_B
19-03-10, 14:39
Tasia,

Thank you for your message. My eyes are soo much better today and i think it was because i went to bed with positive thoughts :)

I am at the opticians on Monday and hope to get the reassurance that i need.

I have the floaters on a daily basis too - don't notice them that often but i do get them from time to time and know they are harmless so i tend not to worry about them. For me it is the sensivitiy and blind spots. They freak me out :(

Feeling more positive today and with weekend approaching things will be better tomorrow.

Thanks again - have nice weekend everyone.