PDA

View Full Version : Hello from andyc

andy4stainless
11-01-06, 23:30
I have just found this site, and I must say I am impressed.
Its great to see people helping each other [^]
I have had panic attacks for 20 years, and have adapted my life around the fear, I am well read on the subject but still fear fear, My panic is brought on by trappey situations, ie:going in other peoples cars,buses,trains etc, its not a claustaphobic thing, its not being able to go home if I want to?(weird) a control thing?
But why would I want to go home? home should be inside you, (were ever I lay my head, thats my home) if only.
Its strange to think I used to travel the world working once, (another life time ago) But I will beat the Beast.

Wishing you all well :)
Andyc

trac67
12-01-06, 08:45
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
12-01-06, 10:25
A big welcome to the site:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

3faces
12-01-06, 12:21
:D Hi there Andy

You're definitely not alone with your feelings...you say you've adapted your life around your fear. Have you ever tried to get help with your worries i.e. counselling, meds? Too many people suffer in silence, they go to their GP who maybe does not understand or have a bad experience with a counsellor. It's a hard struggle but you have to keep chipping away at it. We all need to be able to fear some things in life so that we know to keep away from dangerous situations but we shouldn't let fear rule our lifes. I know it's easy to say but unless we fight it and get angry with it, we will always be running away from it and not facing it.

Keep fighting!!!

Jem xxx

Meg
12-01-06, 14:01
Hi Andy

Glad you like us.

You may be well read but are you well practised ? it is one thing to know the theory and a completely another to do it to the point of effectiveness.

What sort of solution focussed help have you had recently?

You're familiar with Claire Weekes books ?

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

chucklehound
12-01-06, 14:07
Hi Andy and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some new friends![^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Karen
12-01-06, 14:54
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum.

Hope we can offer support so you can start to put the theory into practice.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
12-01-06, 18:27
Welcome Aboard, Andy.

We look forward to your involvement here and subsequent getting better :-)

I would strongly recommend some counselling or therapy.

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
12-01-06, 18:30
Andy

A warm welcome aboard and I am glad you like what you have seen here so far.

You will meet some great people here and get some good support so stick around.

Nicola

molly15
14-01-06, 21:14
hi andy wecome to nmp you will find it really helpfull to no there are lots in the same boat.and your right you will beat it 1 day. take care marcia

marcia lowe