PDA

View Full Version : Advice on kids (boys)

bottleblond
18-03-10, 20:20
Hi folks

My 11 and a half year old has become like Kevin from Kevin and Perry.
Gets VERY stroppy, angry at the least wee thing, moody, ect ect ect...

He always tells me if he has problems but this just seems to be his normal behaviour recently. I am constantly walking on egg shell around him afraid to upset the apple cart.

He never gets into trouble at school or outside. It just seems to be me and his gran that get the brunt of it.

Someone mentioned hormones, which i suppose i can understand but just wanted to ask male members if this was an issue for you at my sons age, or mums and dads, has your son had similar problems at this age?.

He's a fab kid normaly but these mood swings are awful and his lanuage is becoming rather colourful to say the least.

Would appreciate any imput.

Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

sb001f8994
18-03-10, 20:47
Hi Lisa,
Kids ay who'd have em?!
I have two sons aged 29 and 25 and they too turned into Kevin's at about the ages 11/12. Good as gold in school, polite to neighbours and loved by family and friends but in the house they were stroppy hormone laiden monsters! Everything I did was wrong, everything I cooked was rank and Id even started ironing their clothes the wrong way! I think its best to just let them carry on, to argue makes it worse as its was always my fault, the good news is it does go...I just cant remember when! Now I have a daughter who's been a Kevin for the last four years!!!
A word of warning, make the most of these miserable, hormone packed years as once they get to 18 things get much worse!!!
Take care,

bottleblond
18-03-10, 20:55
Omg Carol :roflmao:

Yup that's exactly the same as Ben! Lovely outside but a nightmare inside!
I'm definately going to put the foot down because it's got to stop!
Thankyou for your reply!
Appreciate it hun!

Lisa
xxx

mick_uk
18-03-10, 21:00
Sounds just like me at that age lisa.
I didn't realise it at the time but apparently that's how I was acting.
and look how I turned out ................ no, ignore that last remark :D
Unless there is some underlying issue that he's not telling you lisa, It will pass, honest.
It can't be easy to deal with but I'm sure it's just a phase he's going through.

bottleblond
18-03-10, 21:04
Awwww thankyou Mick :hugs:
I may book him in for some HRT :ohmy: Lol
Cheers Mate
xxxxx
:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
18-03-10, 21:30
It is his hormones , he's going through a lot of changes at the moment,but one good thing and that is it's only at home he's doing it which is a good sign. My son was the same , I just let him get on with it , However , he knew the score about pushing the boundries , he still needs to know who's boss. I used to make the most of the times when my son was ok like chatting with him etc just keeping " in touch " with him. I never let him go to far with his moods and if he did i would tell him to go be moody in his room. In my opinion kids still need a parent to be a parent when they'r going through the teenage years, it makes them feel safe . Mine still has his moments he's 19 now and still a worry..... oh the joys lol . Keep him close to you and you'll be ok :) Love Paige xx

bottleblond
18-03-10, 21:36
Thankyou Paige :hugs:

I will certainly take that advice on board. I think i have been far too soft on him as he just has to ask and i do. I know i need to stop this because i am only making a rod for my own back!

Thankyou hun

Lisa
xxx

mick_uk
18-03-10, 21:39
I think paige is right lisa. My mum was far too soft with me and let me get away with it too often. You have to make allowances for his age, but also let him know who's boss :D

bottleblond
18-03-10, 21:56
I will! thankyou Mick :hugs: xx

nikk_dolittle
19-03-10, 14:28
I think you should swap Ben for myself.... Im 100% housetrained, I dont have fleas, I clean out the pets, I help in anyway i can, I dont have strops well Only if I cant get an animal! :lac:

For you lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

weeble40
19-03-10, 15:15
had some similiar probs with my own golden balls, went and spoke with his teacher, thinking maybe probs at school, his teacher told me they see this alot when boys reach year 6, trainee teenagers he called em, they have SATs coming up etc which puts huge unwanted pressure on them, then thoughts of big school in september, Ben has a wonderful Mum in you Lisa, and Im sure, this Kevin stage will soon pass, keep ya chin up Mrs, here if you need to chat,

Ps: could I have a jam sandwich plz mrs patterson you cheeky gurl,

bottleblond
19-03-10, 15:56
Lmao Emms, you got a deal!! :winks: xxxxx