PDA

View Full Version : New member

candy79
18-03-10, 21:59
Hi everyone,

Seemas as this is the site for me. I have recently become aware that i suffer from health anxiety. however since i have cecome aware of this things seem to have become worse. I have physical symptoms like, shortness of breath, chest pain, i feel like i am momentarily going to faint, slight dizzyness, does anyone else suffer these symptoms? are these normal?

I keep thinking maybe I am not suffering with this but instead I am eally ill, but thats the whole point of this isnt it. I worry that me being aware of my health anxiety may mask real health concerns in the future.

i am currently feeling very stressed too, I am having a few marital issues and work issues and i am having to cover my work load and someone elses while we wait for someone to start work. Could all of these issues make my anxiety worse?

I believe this all began when my daugher had meningitis and was left at home for a day as dr's thought she was just under the weather, my trust went then, then my dad was diagnosed with cancer (he has had the all clear for 3 years now!). i belive these are things poeple never think will happen to you, i have learnt that they do.

What I would like to achieve from joining this site is to realise I am not alone, and maybe my symptoms are experienced by other suffers too.

Thank you

diane07
18-03-10, 22:00
Hi candy79

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

leo05
19-03-10, 03:24
welcome to nmp hope you find all the support and help you need.

take care

lea

Vanilla Sky
19-03-10, 13:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

mary3
19-03-10, 14:14
Hi welcome to NMP. They definatly sound like the symptoms of anxiety and it does sound like you are under stress which would cause this (even less stress can cause it :mad: ). I understand what you mean about losing your faith in doctors and the difficultys in knowing what is a health issue and what is anxiety. There is a long list somewhere on this website i read once of all the symptoms people have had when they are anxious and all your symptoms are on it, i know cause they are the same as mine!!
See this as the most positive step forward, you have identfied the problem now you can work towards getting better. This is a great website for helping you to do that and for feeling support and encouragment.

candy79
22-03-10, 15:04
Hi Mary3,

Thanks so much for replying to my thread. This site and indeed you are prooving to be extremely helpful to me. Thank you so much for reassuring me of my symptoms. I am currently seeing a counsellor so hopefully this is going to help me alongw ith the support I am receiveing here.