PDA

View Full Version : newby hi all

steveleckey
18-03-10, 22:11
Hi all been a anxiety sufferer on and off for ten yrs.Thought i had cracked it but started last year to fall into the same pattern of not looking after my self drinking to much then wam first panic attack in morrisons when on my own from then on more panic, more i felt negative so more i drank..I dont know why i feel so negative i have a very caring/beutifull wife two loverly kids a nice house and no money worries.went to see the doctor so i could go back on tablets citrapram or something like that,only been on them for 3 weeks lifted mood but still getting feelings o panic/anxiety think it will calm down after a bit.:unsure:

diane07
18-03-10, 22:14
Hi steveleckey

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mackins123
19-03-10, 05:44
Hi Steveleckley,
Like you i have had anxiety/panic attacks for many years and used alcohol to cope but in the longrun it made it all worse! I found the citalopram helped much more, along with Diazepam when things got really difficult. I remember it took at least a month for me to notice a change so good luck and hope things get easier for you :)

Vanilla Sky
19-03-10, 13:40
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x