PDA

View Full Version : It's driving me insane!

mothermac
18-03-10, 23:46
Hi guys,yes it's Mothermac again moaning about something else I am worried about.For the past few weeks to my knowledge(it could be longer)I have had a bad twitch on my upper right eyelid,I have been on here and read about members who have had these and could not relate,but I have one now.It comes in waves but most days I have it and some worse than others.I work in Tesco and when I am serving customers I have felt it,watching tv,and when I am trying to get to sleep,I don't sleep well either and this is compounding the problem.I have stupidly googled it and thank god it mostly says it is just caused by stress,anxiety,and sleeplessness and hey presto I have all 3.I am really worried about it now though,as it has gone on that long and I told my husband tonight that I am thinking it could be something wrong with my brain,which he said there probably wasn't.I do worry about everything though and I have an appointment with a clinical pyschologist on the 30th to see if she can help with my negative thoughts and emotions.My main worry is my husband at the moment, as I get really very anxious when I know he is driving and he has to go to his head office tomorrow morning for a short course which is only half an hour up the road but I am terrified when he is in the car.I do try and occupy myself but the sick feeling lasts until I know he is safe and I have to do my long shift tomorrow as well 2.30 until 9pm and I just know I will go to work feeling very stressed and ill and my tic will start again.Please has anybody had this and did it go away?

bronte
19-03-10, 00:04
dont worry mothermac i had this constantly for about 4 week and so did my sister its nothing to worry about honest

tinycritter
19-03-10, 13:44
Hi mothermac, I had the very same thing (exactly the same place, too!) for a good 3-4 months last year during a really bad time, and like you I started to worry that it was a brain problem ... worry turned to panic ... panic took me to the doc, and he told me it was stress and anxiety. Please try not to let it keep you awake at night. :flowers: