PDA

View Full Version : Eyes Flicker

Meg37
19-03-10, 12:54
Hello
I just wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced a similar sensation as this as it is really starting to make me anxious. When i come inside from being out in the bright daylight and sit somewhere kind of semi dark my vision will start to flicker especially at the sides like they are trying to get used to the light. I have noticed this off and on over the years but now it seems to be happening a lot. I do have severe eye strain according to my optician and nothing else is physically wrong with my eyes.

It would be nice to know if anyone else has this. My husband and Mum assure me they do and my Mum describes it as travelling in a car when the sun is coming through the trees. That is how it feels but I just cant make myself believe that they have experienced it too! Its beginning to effect what I do as I am scared of it happening.

Any reassurance would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.

Pudding
19-03-10, 13:01
Hi Meg,

Yes I get this a lot too. it occasionally makes me anxious as well, not sure why really as it's a perfectly normal phenomenon but I hate any kind of visual disturbance as it adds to my 'wobbly' feelings. I hope this helps.

Fran

flumpy
19-03-10, 13:02
yep, common. sometimes get it in the large supermarkets aswell...sorry, you're normal x p.s. know what you mean about the wobbly feeling...not nice is it?!

jojo1976
19-03-10, 16:03
I get it too - when I'm under flourescent lighting (like in supermarkets), in front of the computer, the TV can sometimes set it off when I'm tired, or just going by a window with bright sun on that side. Not to worry - it's common and normal.

djsandra
20-03-10, 05:36
yes, don't worry , I have this all the time, it is quite annoying...