PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer panic

tinycritter
19-03-10, 13:57
Sorry all, me again ... have convinced myself I have skin cancer as I have got a small, slightly dented scar-like flat spot on my shoulder and I don't remember ever having a cut there, noticed it three days ago and now it's going round and round in my head. I'm redhead/fair skinned and never go in the sun but I did get sunburn once or twice as a child ... argh, now it's all I can think about. My GP won't take me seriously if I go to him with physical things but I have a nurse appointment next week for something else, do I ask her to look at it? Can I even do that?

Sorry again. Major panic. :scared15:

RosieXXX
19-03-10, 17:23
Hello tinycritter,

I know it can be quite disconcerting when you find something unexpected, and it sets our minds off thinking about all kinds of worrying possibilities. There are all sorts of blemishes on our bodies, which we are unaware of most of most of the time, so I am sure the one you have found has probably been there for some time; it is probably just a small scar left from a spot or some other minor trauma to the skin.

I am sure the nurse will be happy to take a look at it, and your mind will be put at ease. :hugs:Try not to worry, because I am certain from the description you have given it is perfectly fine.

tinycritter
24-03-10, 13:36
Thank you so much for the reply Rosie, I keep trying to tell myself that it's probably nothing but my mind just won't accept it! For once I hope the nurse will tell me I'm being silly (which is usually what I'm afraid of and the reason I don't ask about these things!) :blush: Thanks again.